Introductions

Options
Hi I am Nicole. I am a stay at home mom of rambunctious 15 month old little boy named Walt. My Husband is GM of a 24/7 Dunkin Donut. Need I say more… We just moved to Kissimmee and I am looking to find likeminded moms for play dates, girl’s nights and friendships. I am trying to lose much needed baby weight and get in shape for the SGK three day walk 2013. I am giving myself until my birthday in October of 2013 to hit my goal. By 2013 my little bug will be old enough and mature enough to go to his Nana’s for a few days.

Pre-Pregnancy Weight: 160lb
Post Pregnancy Weight: 200lb
Long Term Goal Weight: 140lb
Current Weight: 180.2

Please post your own introductions. I would love to get to know you.

Replies

• itszen4me
    itszen4me Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi! I'm Meg in Davenport. I'm a homeschooling mom of 5, 16dd, 13dd, 9dd, 7ds & 5ds. My hubby works at Publix HQ in Lakeland.

Can it be considered babyfat if my youngest is almost 6?? ;) My prekids weight was 118, I won't get there again.
    I'm currently training for the Color Run 5k in Dec & the Disney Family run 5K in Jan.

Starting weight: 177.8
    Current weight: 176.0
    Goal weight: 135.0

Take care,
    Meg
  • Ven79
    Ven79 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies :)
    people say that i am mickey obsessed! Thank you for starting the group Meg!

I had my son 2 yrs ago and still have not returned to my pre-pregnancy weight and far from goal weight.
    pre pregnancy - 165
    after preg - 202
    now - 166 (after 2 months of working out and eating healthy)
    goal - 135

:)
  • manic4titans
    manic4titans Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Mary 40 and homeschool my 7 year old daughter.

I'm little confused. Is this group only for moms who live in the Orlando area? If so, I'm a tad bit away--10 hours. :laugh: Let me know and I 'll graciously back out.
  • Ven79
    Ven79 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Oh good question... I'll back out as well... I'm in ny
  • nwolff84
    nwolff84 Posts: 8
    Options
    Distance does not matter. If you can't meet up then no worries just having someone to lend an ear can make a big difference. :happy:
  • manic4titans
    Options
    AWESOME!

My family and I LOVE Disney World. I saw this group and was ecstatic. We are vacationing at the World in 2 months and on the dining plan. Desserts with every meal. UGH! I'll need some motivation and tips on that .

I have fluctuated 20 pounds for the past 15 years. Currently I am 156 at 5 foot 5 size 12 and lifting weights. No weight loss but a few inches here and there gone. Supposedly, The New Rules of Lifting for Women is not to lose weight but to change the body. Several women has changed their body without losing weight (you can find them on the forum) and look great!

My baby is 7 years old. It's time to get this 20 pounds off for good. I want to do it in a good way. Eating way under deficit and running like crazy , I lose weight. As soon as I start eating, it comes back. I am at a loss of what to do.
  • nwolff84
    nwolff84 Posts: 8
    Options
    On the bright side Disney is revamping their menus to include more healthy choices. My husband and I have been pass holder for years we used to take our nieces and now our son. The deal we made with them is we do one full lap around the park. Then after we would hit up every attraction they wanted. The girls would ride in the double stroller and we would push around world showcase ect. The only park we don’t do a lap in is animal kingdom. There is so much walking that there is no need. Make sure you all drink a lot of water the heat and humidity is crazy this time of year. I hope you guys have fun.
  • manic4titans
    Options
    Recently I bought a body fit media. So I am excited to know how much we do walk. It seems we walk Animal Kingdom and Epcot the most. The last time we went was first week of January. The menus hadn't changed much since the previous year . Apples or carrots are an option over fries which is a plus since my seven year old or I don't care to eat. We will if we "have" to. We are hoping to get more fruit as a dessert and use our snacks for that indulgence treat every day.
  • merylmom
    merylmom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    Funny I found this group, since Disney World is a prime reason for my weight loss. I, too, am not a local--we live in Michigan, but are happy to call Disney World home for about 10 days each fall. My husband, four kids, and I will pack up & drive down right after Thanksgiving this year, and we can't wait. Since we are self-employed, vacations are far & few between. We plan and anticipate our Disney vacation practically from the day we get back from our last one!
    We always get photo-pass. I know it is costly, but the family pictures we get--and we get a lot--are worth it. After our last vacation, I was looking at these pictures, and realized I had gotten SO BIG. I tried to stick out my chin so I didn't have to see my double chin. I was pretty down about it all winter. After a long weekend away for a softball camp, I came home and weighed myself. 177 pounds. It was the most I have ever weighed, even during pregnancy. That did it. Since my neighbor & her family had luck with Weight Watchers, I went with that program and lost 18 pounds. When my subscription came up for renewal, I asked myself if I really needed WW--and decided that "I think I got it!" I joined MFP, and it is working great!
    My goal is to be down at least another 15 pounds by November. I want to be happy to see what I look like in 2012's photopass family pictures!
  • couponfun
    couponfun Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Love this idea!

My husband is one of those "few" who was actually BORN in Orlando. I used to live there. We just got back from our first "big" Disney family vacation and I kept hiding behind the camera and avoiding the photo pass.

Knowing my marriage is over is one thing, but I guess it just clicked that I'm never with my kids because I hate photos of myself. And since it looks like we're going to make this an annual thing, it's a perfect countdown/time span to lose weight by.

The meal plan's a killer, but let me tell you having just been they do have some healthy options. The desserts? I just made sure I had some, and they do have "bite size" portions of the larger versions at the buffet. I made sure to treat myself some, especially on the big park days, but they had some great options. And considering it's a "treat time" anyways (you spend the whole year and then some saving for it), combining it with the walking, go for it!

I had heard someone complaining about the prices, which frankly for out-of-state people is horrific (close to $100/adult, which my now-10-year-old daughter now counts as), and someone replied to him, "Well what does Disney sell?" And the lady thought about it and didn't seem to know what the guy wanted as the answer. He replied "Disney sells memories. Pure and simple." And that hit me because I was/am avoiding memories because of my weight. So here's to a trimmer, more theme-park ready hot body in 2013...well if the world's still here :wink:
  • manic4titans
    Options
    Meryl, I am not sure if you are in to this kind of thing but I do a photopass share. The disboards.com at one time allowed people to talk and join in shares but the adm. decided no money should change hands. SOOO, there's a group on facebook. If you are interested I will let you know the group. I have joined many shares and it has never been a problem.

Coupon, I hide behind my kids in pictures. My huge saddlebags stick out though. Seems like when I lose weight , it comes from my face, chest and stomach. Never my bottom or thighs. We can do this. I gather your name is because you coupon? I do!! Since we moved to MS a couple years ago, I don't have the stores available as before though. So my stockpile is fairly non existent.
  • couponfun
    couponfun Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Meryl, I am not sure if you are in to this kind of thing but I do a photopass share. The disboards.com at one time allowed people to talk and join in shares but the adm. decided no money should change hands. SOOO, there's a group on facebook. If you are interested I will let you know the group. I have joined many shares and it has never been a problem.

Coupon, I hide behind my kids in pictures. My huge saddlebags stick out though. Seems like when I lose weight , it comes from my face, chest and stomach. Never my bottom or thighs. We can do this. I gather your name is because you coupon? I do!! Since we moved to MS a couple years ago, I don't have the stores available as before though. So my stockpile is fairly non existent.

I do coupon :smile: I actually don't have a massive stockpile because a lot of our stores limit 4 like coupons, but I try to do the gift card deals at Target a lot (which you can combine with coupons) and CVS ECB's/gift cards. I actually put them in envelopes and use them for Christmas/other occasions.

I'm hoping to really start losing once I get my work caught up and can get back to working out/going to the gym. Want to look like all the other thin moms at the parks :smile:
  • itszen4me
    Options
    I didn't start the group, LOL, I think I was just first to post :)
  • itszen4me
    Options
    Hi, I am Mary 40 and homeschool my 7 year old daughter.

I'm little confused. Is this group only for moms who live in the Orlando area? If so, I'm a tad bit away--10 hours. :laugh: Let me know and I 'll graciously back out.

HI!! I'm a local BUT I also homeschool my kids too :)
  • itszen4me
    Options
    Can you ask about substituting fresh fruit for dessert? They usually have it around for the kids meals. I've never had an issue but I've never used the dining plan.

AWESOME!

My family and I LOVE Disney World. I saw this group and was ecstatic. We are vacationing at the World in 2 months and on the dining plan. Desserts with every meal. UGH! I'll need some motivation and tips on that .

I have fluctuated 20 pounds for the past 15 years. Currently I am 156 at 5 foot 5 size 12 and lifting weights. No weight loss but a few inches here and there gone. Supposedly, The New Rules of Lifting for Women is not to lose weight but to change the body. Several women has changed their body without losing weight (you can find them on the forum) and look great!

My baby is 7 years old. It's time to get this 20 pounds off for good. I want to do it in a good way. Eating way under deficit and running like crazy , I lose weight. As soon as I start eating, it comes back. I am at a loss of what to do.
  • Nikki_7680
    Options
    Hi everyone! Hoping we can revive this thread! I am a HUGE Disney fan and we are headed back for our 6th family trip this September. I am hoping that I can finally take pics in Disney and be happy with what I see. Trying to lose 45 pounds before the trip. Anyone else going in Fall 2013??
  • terrimize
    terrimize Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am a dvc member and go to disney about 3-4 times a yr plus dcl cruises of which I went on one in Jan and plan another in Nov. I have been using mfp for 1 1/2 yrs and love it. I have lost 64 pounds using it. Overall tho since 2006 when I was my heaviest I have lost 96 pounds.