Introduction

Options
Hello, My name is Ann, and I am obese. At one point I was considered morbiddly obese at 265. I have been struggling with weight loss for about a year and a half. Today I weigh 220. I have gotton as low as 204 in the recent months and have gained it back. But after reading an article yesterday on how being obese cost the average person an additional $5,000 a year vs, a healthy person due to medical insurance, being paid less, and higher cost of clothing, I am determined more then ever to make a change. I have one life to live, and I refuse to live it fat any longer. My ultimate goal is to be 140, however being at 220 that seems light years away. So instead I will focus on getting to 174 to become "overweight," then I will focus on the 140 when i get there. To be considered no longer obese would be a dream come true. I have been obese for about the last 10 years. And haven't seen ONEderland in 4 years. But all thats about to change. This group we will offer positivity. We will share diet tips and exercise tips. We will weigh in everyweek no matter what. I will post the week weigh in topic (example:11/27-12/3 weigh in) to accomadate everyone's different weigh in days. I will post mine on Tuesdays. We will have challenges every week. Another recommendation I have.... write on a post it and put it in your purse, wallet, mirror, referigartor.. wherever you want.. I want your post it to say "I DESERVE TO BE NO LONGER OBESE." So when that moment comes and your sitting in the drive thru you can look at the post it and remember what your dream is to be. Good luck, thank you for joining the journey.

NAME: Ann
Current Weight: 220
Weight to be no longer obese: 174
Deadline date: April 1st, 2012
Reason you want to be no longer obese: To be healthier, to feel more confident, to save money

Please fill out the following information
NAME:
Current Weight:
Weight to be no longer obese:
Deadline date:
Reason you want to be no longer obese:

Replies

• antipanic
    Options
    Hi everyone! Here I am:

NAME: Linda
    Current Weight: 251
    Weight to be no longer obese: 203
    Deadline date: June 30th
    Reason you want to be no longer obese: About a thousand reasons...health, looks, others' perception of me, longevity, quality of life, self esteem, self control, pride of accomplishment, where do I stop? Oh, and I HATE the word obese.
  • Miss_ladyp
    Options
    Hello all,

NAME: Porscha
    Current Weight: 214
    Weight to be no longer obese: 165
    Deadline date: April 28, 2012 (my 25th birthday)
    Reason I want to be no longer obese: I too hate the word obese Linda. I don't really know where I took a turn in the wrong direction, but I am tired of not having enough energy. I love myself and my body, but I would love to see it in a better condition. I want my family to stop with the chubby jokes, even though they are joking it still doesn't make me feel any better. I want to look better in clothes. I want to be healthy and be able to keep up with life. I know my confidence would definitely increase as a result too. Also, Ann you brought up a good point, being obese does cost a lot more money, because ladies who don't have curves definitely have less expenses when purchasing clothes. We all can get there. Thanks for creating this group, I could use all the support I can get.
  • dodistep07
    Options
    NAME: Dolores
    Current Weight: 221
    Weight to be no longer obese: 150
    Deadline date: May 7, 2012
    Reason you want to be no longer obese: I want to be look and feel healthier.
  • elimendoza31
    elimendoza31 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    NAME .ELI
    CURRENT WEIGHT ..253
    WEIGHT TO BE NO LONGER OBESE..190
    DEADLINE..MAY 31 2012
    REASON YOU WANT TO BE NO LONGER OBESE. I WANT TO LOOK AND FEEL GOOD ABOUT MYSELF..AND GO TO A RANDOM SHOP AND NOT WORRY IF IT DOSENT HAVE PLUS SIZES.
  • Ajan9500
    Options
    Name: Angela
    Current weight: 235
    Weight no longer to be obese: 150
    Reason you want no longer to be obese: Feel good about myself, walk up 3 flight of stairs without feeling out of breath and be able to look at myself naked in the mirror.
  • MrsDJenkins021411
    Options
    NAME: Nikia
    Current Weight: 241
    Weight to be no longer obese: 164
    Deadline date: 10/23/2012 (My 36th Birthday)
    Reason you want to be no longer obese: I want to be a healthier person & role model for my children & no longer shop in the plus size section
  • chipmunk70
    chipmunk70 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Name: Cath
    Current Weight: 222.7 (started out in June 2010 at 319)
    Weight to be no longer obese: 180
    Deadline Date: 18th June 2012 (My 42nd Birthday)
    Reason you want to be no longer obese - I want to be healthier - a good role model for the children I'm hoping to have, to be able to get pregnant, be able to buy clothes in `normal' shops, like myself more.
  • WellbeingOver40
    WellbeingOver40 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    NAME: Tanya
    Current Weight: 202
    Weight to be no longer obese: 150
    Deadline date: June 30th, 2012
    Reason you want to be no longer obese: I want to feeel fit and healthy. I hate feeling so tired all the time. I dream of being a Zumba instructor and how can I be one when I am obese? 9 years ago I was at this weight and lost 40 lbs and here I am again at the same weight. I want it be fit for the rest of my life now. I am happy to be here and that I have to weigh in everyday.
  • A11883
    A11883 Posts: 13
    Options
    NAME: Amelia
    Current Weight: 245
    Weight to be no longer obese: 190
    Deadline date: June 1, 2012
    Reason you want to be no longer obese: Mainly Health reasons, I do not want to develop Diabetes. I am also right on the border with plus size clothes and would really like to be back in what makes me feel pretty.
  • beebaby1
    Options
    Hello!
  • Saezimmerman
    Saezimmerman Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    NAME: Sharon
    Current Weight: 215
    Weight to be no longer obese: 190
    Deadline date: March 26, 2012 (My 7th Wedding Anniversary)
    Reason you want to be no longer obese: At 30 years old, I am now at the age that both my parents began exhibiting the health problems that go with obesity: high blood pressure and pre-diabetes primarily. My mother is 59 and suffering from asthma, thyroid problems and severe high blood pressure. My father has had diabetes and high blood pressure for over 15 years. On September 1, he suffered a massive heart attack and just got home from the hospital November 18th. He has to use a walker to get around.
    For over two months I watched my stepmother suffer through uncertainty and grief as she wondered whether her husband would ever be able to come home and be her husband again. I do not want to be responsible for putting my spouse through the same anguish. I know that genetics are not destiny. If I lose this weight, I can change my fate.

(for Ann: My father's hospital bills are in excess of $600,000. Being overweight is VERY expensive.)
  • Ready2BEthin
    Ready2BEthin Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone. Thank you for joining. I know Thanksgiving is tomorrow, if you eat a lil more then you thought you would, do not give up. Since I will not be at work on Friday, and dont have anything else to really do I plan on getting on the treadmill and staying there as long as I can. Kinda like a biggest loser last chance workout. Keep thinking positive everyone. :)
  • hosnowjo
    hosnowjo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hi, have just come across this group and would like to join in.

I started MFP on 20th October this year at 216 pounds and have currently lost 17 pounds so far.

My current weight is 199.5 pounds giving me a BMI of 36.5.

I need to reach 164 pounds to move from Obese to overweight.
  • hosnowjo
    hosnowjo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    forgot to say - my target for moving to "obese" is by Easter 2012
  • TheKetoChica
    TheKetoChica Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

My name is Rivka. For the last 11 years I've been obese. Before I used to manage pretty well but after my 2nd child I've been struggling.

NAME: Rivka
    Current Weight:327
    Weight to be no longer obese:184(Goal is 150)
    Deadline date: 4/21/2013
    Reason you want to be no longer obese: I'm tired of not participating in activities with my kids and I want to be an example to them.
  • ZenAmante
    ZenAmante Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    im sabrina i have 95lbs to reach my goal i dont no how much is no longer obese im 255lbs now and hate it ive gotta lose this weight for my own mental well being and my daughter
  • casi_ann
    casi_ann Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    NAME: Cheryl Ann
    Current Weight: 226
    Weight to be no longer obese: 169, 57 pounds
    goal date: 2 pounds per week for 19 weeks… I'm guessing somewhere around Thanksgiving 2012 or New Years 2013

Reason I don't want to be obese or overweight anymore: number one reason is my health, but also to look better, younger, sexy to my husband, be able to fit in nice clothes, to wear a normal size, not to look sloppy, to look more professional at work, for my husband and son to be proud of me, for my mom to stop nagging me, I sew and it is easier to make clothes if you are proportionate to you height, to be smaller than my husband, to not be ashamed when i see someone i know, this will make me feel like socializing again, to wear normal size petites. To go to a family event and not worry that everyone is looking at me because I'm so fat and ugly.

current BMI is: 40.

my BMI for 5'3"
    healthy is 18.5 to 25.0 bmi or 104.4 to 141.1 pounds
    overweight is 25.0 to 30.0 bmi or 141.2 to 169.0
    obese is 30.0 to 40 bmi 170.0 to 226 pounds
    Morbidly obese is greater than 40 ----> me 241.0 to 226

With my last weigh in I moved from morbidly obese to obese. Who would think my first goal would be to be obese. Now for the next goal overweight.
  • denise70460
    denise70460 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    NAME: Denise
    Current Weight: 217
    Weight to be no longer obese: 170
    Deadline date: 1/1/13
    Reason you want to be no longer obese: A New Me for the New Year!

I also came from Morbidly Obese (328lbs), its been quite a journey; a journey I'll stick to for these slow but satisfactory results will prove to be a life saving commitment.
  • casi_ann
    casi_ann Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Welcome Denise, I was hoping someone would come on here. I was getting lonely. It seems like such a great group and so important to get to overweight vs obesity, but so far lonely in here. My goal to get to overweight is February, very close to your deadline. Congrats on your weight loss so far. YOU lost 111 pounds so far, that is just amazing. You are my hero :)
  • Dameron
    Dameron Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello, My name is Ann, and I am obese. At one point I was considered morbiddly obese at 265. I have been struggling with weight loss for about a year and a half. Today I weigh 220. I have gotton as low as 204 in the recent months and have gained it back. But after reading an article yesterday on how being obese cost the average person an additional $5,000 a year vs, a healthy person due to medical insurance, being paid less, and higher cost of clothing, I am determined more then ever to make a change. I have one life to live, and I refuse to live it fat any longer. My ultimate goal is to be 140, however being at 220 that seems light years away. So instead I will focus on getting to 174 to become "overweight," then I will focus on the 140 when i get there. To be considered no longer obese would be a dream come true. I have been obese for about the last 10 years. And haven't seen ONEderland in 4 years. But all thats about to change. This group we will offer positivity. We will share diet tips and exercise tips. We will weigh in everyweek no matter what. I will post the week weigh in topic (example:11/27-12/3 weigh in) to accomadate everyone's different weigh in days. I will post mine on Tuesdays. We will have challenges every week. Another recommendation I have.... write on a post it and put it in your purse, wallet, mirror, referigartor.. wherever you want.. I want your post it to say "I DESERVE TO BE NO LONGER OBESE." So when that moment comes and your sitting in the drive thru you can look at the post it and remember what your dream is to be. Good luck, thank you for joining the journey.

NAME: Ann
    Current Weight: 220
    Weight to be no longer obese: 174
    Deadline date: April 1st, 2012
    Reason you want to be no longer obese: To be healthier, to feel more confident, to save money

NAME:Linda
    Current Weight:188
    Weight to be no longer obese:168
    Deadline date:March 1st, 2013
    Reason you want to be no longer obese: To be healthier and hopefully defeat Diabetes, and to be pain free with weight off hip joints.