Shakeology

Options
Is anyone using the Shakeology plan? Is it worth it? Any insight would be helpful, thanks!

Replies

• mdelcott
    mdelcott Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know too :)
  • trkinsley
    trkinsley Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Shakeology is delicious (if you get chocolate, anyway, that's the only one I can vouch for). It's pretty low calorie, and if you use it as a meal substitute you will definitely cut some calories from your normal daily total. It's a well-designed supplement, I think it's worth it. As far as the plan goes.... are you talking about shakeology workouts + shakeology, or what, exactly?
  • mstclair03
    mstclair03 Posts: 151
    Options
    Shakeology is delicious (if you get chocolate, anyway, that's the only one I can vouch for). It's pretty low calorie, and if you use it as a meal substitute you will definitely cut some calories from your normal daily total. It's a well-designed supplement, I think it's worth it. As far as the plan goes.... are you talking about shakeology workouts + shakeology, or what, exactly?

Just incorporating the drinks in with my regular beachbody workouts. Is it worth the price? What makes them "special"?
  • trkinsley
    Options
    Well it's definitely more than a garden variety whey protein powder... there are prebiotics, probiotics, digestive enzymes, whey, greens, a bunch of superfruits in it, green tea extract and other antioxidants, just off the top of my head. I think it's a good option to have on hand for post workout. I can't eat after an insanity workout for quite a while (I'm seriously afraid I'll hurl) but I can keep down a 1/2 shake no problem.

I'm pretty sparing in my use; generally only 1/2 shake at a time a couple of times/day.

Hope this helps.
  • Glamorous_RN
    Glamorous_RN Posts: 204
    Options
    ive been drinking it for a couple weeks and heres my HONEST opinion, first of all it makes me bloated every single day, yes it does taste good but NOT fullfilling, i havent noticed any magical omg kind of good feeling from drinking it yet, thats all i have to say so far
  • jfatheree78
    jfatheree78 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking it for 3 months. I love it. I do have increased energy and I only got the bloated feeling on the vegan formula, not the regular chocolate. The cost breaks down to about $4 per shake so for me, as a meal replacement, it's worth it. Low cal, lots of good stuff in it and it keeps me full for about 3 hours. All for less than the cost of a latte.
  • Mommy_Time
    Mommy_Time Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I love the chocolate one of the 4 they have, but it is the only one I have had :) I mix it with 1 cup almond milk about 8-9 ice cubes and sometimes add half to a whole banana and blend it all well.

If you have a beachbody coach they can even send you a free sample to try before you buy :)
  • trkinsley
    Options
    It's DEFINITELY filling. There is xanthan and guar gum that are used as thickeners, and those can also cause bloating in some people. I think going with a sample to try it is the way to go.
  • jade9008
    jade9008 Posts: 4
    Options
    I am a fan of the Tropical Strawberry as well as the Chocolate. I started drinking Shakeology in November of 2011, and it has helped with my weight loss. It has so many nutrients in it, and I do believe it is filling. I am a Beachbody coach, I wouldn't spend the money on something I didn't believe in. If you don't have a coach already, and are looking for a sample of Shakeology, message me and I can send you one.
  • julia_shealy
    Options
    I have found a cheaper route that I like... It also incorporates my style of nutrition. Prograde from getprograde.com. It is gluten free and uses stevia instead of fructose.
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Forgive me but why couldn't you just dump frozen fruit, chocolate whey, some variant of milk or yogurt and baby spinach, and a spoonful of Greens+ in a blender and have basically the same thing? (If you believe you need probiotics in your body at the same time use the smoothie to wash down a probiotic pill.)

If something needs to bring its own "digestive enzymes" for my body to use it efficiently I have a hard time believing it's an ideal thing to be eating.
  • rhondac46
    rhondac46 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Shakeology is definatley wort it. Please read up on all the healthy super foods and anti-oxidents. It taste delicous too. Any questions you may inbox me.
  • rhondac46
    Options
    mmmmmm mmmmmm good love my chocolate with a banana and strawberries
  • rhondac46
    Options
    because shakeology has so many more superfoods and benefits then what you mentioned. it's also gluten free and cost around $4 a day if your not a coach. If you are it's cheaper and some like myself get it FREE!!!!
  • da_ladee2003
    Options
    Hi I'm new to all of this I just received my package and tried my shake. I loved how thick it was, not bad on taste either. I start my challenge Monday and need all the insight and support I can get thank you!!!
  • lcxlolo
    lcxlolo Posts: 13
    Options
    I love shakeology. I was taking elite whey protein before I was introduced to shakeology but now I stopped using the whey and just use shakeology to replace one meal a day. I have the packets right now and it says that one serving size is one packet, but honestly I only use half a packet per use. It is more than enough for a shake, plus it saves you money.

I have packets if anyone is interested in trying them.