Homeschool moms????

Options
Are theyre any homeschool mom out there... I have two kids 2 and 3 years old. My husband wants me to homeschool. I actually been teaching my kids a lot already. But I feel that my 3 year old personality is very outgoing and energetic. He livened been around other kids. Do I'm not sure what to do.... Any advice will help. Thanks

Replies

• smn957
    smn957 Posts: 13
    Options
    Sorry typo-- he loves been around other kids.
  • GodsGirl37
    GodsGirl37 Posts: 348
    Options
    I am not a home school mom but I myself was homeschooled my last 3 years of high school through Christian Liberty Academy. and I helped my sister with my two oldest nephews when they were homeschooled. for me I went to church and socially intereacted with the people in the youth group and did activities with them. for my nephews my sister took them to the YMCA to join some sports teams etc. find out what your little one likes such as activity or hobbies that would be a good way to interact with other kids socially. while at the same time keeping away from the public schools. I actually begged my mom to get me out of the school I was at and asked a boy in the youth group for homeschool information. gave it to my mom. I told her I would teach myself even just get me out of there. it was a very bad school I went too. one of the first things asked was how is Katie going to have a social life? I actually thrived better homeschooling.
  • smn957
    Options
    Yeah. Some of public schools are really bad. I don't agree with kids been school for eight hours a day. That's a long time to be away from home getting influenced by society. I think schools are a big social club. Thanks for the advice.
  • GodsGirl37
    GodsGirl37 Posts: 348
    Options
    I share the same sentiment. my daughter's school is more of a private country school one of two in the county that is alllowed to talk about God. they even allow them to sing christian songs in their programs. the city we live in for the most part is more christian oriented. where as the school I went to was more gangster oriented
  • debbiestine
    debbiestine Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I had friends who homeschooled and they were allowed to put their kids in school for specials like art, music, pe. If you call your local public school, they will tell you which classes you are allowed to use- if you want. Also look for other homeschoolers in your area- they are a great resource and go on field trips together/teach different subjects for each others kids, etc.
  • mommymeesh
    mommymeesh Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have homeschooled all 3 of my kids. My 20 year old through high school, my 15 year old through mid school (he wanted to go to high school at a local college prep academy) and my youngest is 12 and going into 7th grade in our homeschool. My kids are very outgoing and active in many different activities. Find a homeschool co-op now, you will find moms that have preschoolers your own kids ages who also have older kids they are homeschooling. Also, my kids have been in Awana since they were preschoolers and the church where they do Awana has close to 300 in club and more than half are homeschooled.
  • smn957
    Options
    Thanks. That's a great idea of Awana program. There's is a church around my house that's does it. So I'm going to check it out. Thanks for all the advice. Truly praying about this.