new running pals

Options
Hey all! I'm an avid hobby runner and compete in 5k, 10k and 1/2s when I can. I've been with MFP over a year and loved it. But more recently a lot of my MFPals have fallen MIA. Would love some new running buddies on here to share tips and motivation.

Replies

• GVHARRIS
    GVHARRIS Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am very new to MFP (joined 5 days ago) and am not good at navigating these sites, but will give it a try. I too am an avid hobby runner and do the 5K, 10K and halfs,which are my favorites. I have been running for about 6 years and am very slow and do the walk/run method. Starting relatively late in life (I'm 58 now) and being on the heavy side, the walk/run works best for me and helps keep me injury free. Look forward to any tips/motivation you have to offer for both diet and fitness.
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    Welcome to you both!
  • taureanbuddhist
    taureanbuddhist Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I usually only do the 8K to Half range since hubby works Saturdays so I am only free to 'race' on Sundays...signing up for my next Half this week (October 7th)...It will be my 2nd one this year:) I'm always looking for running buddies:)
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Hello there,

I've been back and forth to fp for a while and it found it works when I'm working. My problem is loss of focus so I've decided to integrate fitness into my life to hold everything together. The only sport I can do is running - I'm not going to break any records (and hopefully not an ankle or leg lol) but its something I've always enjoyed. I'm lucky to live next to a a beautiful area in the UK called cannock chase so most of my running is going to be track, cross country. I managed to stagger round a half a couple of years ago but an injury and then a good dose of swine flu got in the way and I stopped. I had a mad spell earlier this year and booked up for another half in October. This is out of my reach now but I'm starting to move again and plan to build up slowly and see how I go. If I can't make october I'll just wait until I am. It does seem the future for me. I need to loose a load of weight (50+) so I'm sure loosing a lot will also help me run better and faster so the two are vital and symbiotic as far as I can see. Looking forward to listening and chipping in here when I can :-)
  • brendarun
    brendarun Posts: 26
    Options
    ive been running for 2 years now and totally love it, done quiet a few 10k's and half marathons and completed 3 marathons and have plenty more races coming up. im just getting into trail races as i want to enter the Lakelands Trail Marathon UK next year, i did my 1st trail race yesterday a 10k and managed it in 59.17 mins, it was a really tough course and im pleased with my time. ive got a double marathon in December and need to build up my endurance, would welcome any tips x