Hi I'm new and need opinions please?

Options
Hi everyone. I've just found this community. I've had the MFP app on my phone for a while but have only dabbled with it.

Does it work? It seems pretty accurate on the Food database but I'm wondering if it will give me the correct amount of calories to lose weight.

Thanks all

Sarah x

Replies

• angeseabridge
    angeseabridge Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi,

It's been working for me, but I do also go to Rosemary Conley classes so I had to adjust it, that said I didn't have to adjust the daily goal by very much so I think MFP is fairly accurate.

I couldn't be without this app, it makes keeping track so easy! Good luck!

Ange x
  • Sarahjaneraynor
    Sarahjaneraynor Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks. Do you use your exercise calories earned? X
  • katiepatati
    katiepatati Posts: 48 Member
    Options

I personally dont eat back all my calories, otherwise I think there was no point in exercising (apart from the buzz of course!) BUT having said that, if I am extra hungry or want to eat something naughty then that normally comes out of my exercise cals.

Welcome to the site, it truely is a god send.
  • Sarahjaneraynor
    Options
    Thankyou. Do you set your settings ar 1lb a week? If so do you lose more then that ?
    Sarah x
  • ATOLLIT
    ATOLLIT Posts: 149
    Options
    Heya :) it seems to be working for me so far, and also seems to have worked for a lot of other people on the site.

I have lost about 12 lbs so far, in just over 3 months, with it set to losing 1lb per week. So I guess it is going at about the rate it is supposed to!

How many of my exercise calories I eat back really depends on how much exercise I've done, and how much I want to eat. If I'm going out somewhere for food and know that it's going to be pretty fattening, then I make sure to do enough exercise that I can eat what I want and not be over my net calories for the day. But if I've had a particularly busy day and not eaten much during the daytime, then after I've been for a run in the evening I am not going to force myself to eat a ridiculous amount of food to get to my calorie goal. I hope that makes some kind of sense!
  • Sarahjaneraynor
    Options
    Thanks. I'm doing the old weight watchers at the moment as I still have all the old books. But I've done it on and off for years and just need a change x
  • ms_cataclysm
    ms_cataclysm Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I find MFP works well if I'm cooking from scratch and can check the most important weights and if I log everything as I go.

If I'm away from home and have to estimate everything, or can't log in because I'm too busy and am struggling to remember what I had the day before, it's not so good.
  • Sarahjaneraynor
    Options
    Thankyou x
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options

Of course I do, otherwise what's the point in all of this careful calculations and logging if I'm just going to add a random deficit on top from exercise?
  • the3rdwife
    the3rdwife Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I love it, purely because its portable on my phone & I'm making much better choices & regulating my calorie intake.
  • TaylorsGranddad
    TaylorsGranddad Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Works for me, I use the App too.