Introductions

Options

Replies

• thistime38
    thistime38 Posts: 62
    Options
    I'd love to join please!! My name is Colleen im 38 and from Halifax, NS Canada. I am tired of being fat and want to be confident in my own skin. I want to lose at least 45lbs and then see how i feel when i get there. I currently weigh 192lbs!

and i didnt realize my daughter was logged in so i just posted on her account let me try this again!! lol

OK this is my account ive left the group under my daughters user name.
  • LMG8807
    LMG8807 Posts: 8
    Options
    Count me in! is there a site for this?? how does it work?
  • MexisMom
    MexisMom Posts: 249
    Options
    Count me in! is there a site for this?? how does it work?

Nope, it works right here! Every Friday either Crissie or I will post a thread for everyone to weigh in (because this is online, we count on the honour system). A day or two later we'll post the results for the week, and that will repeat until the ultimate Biggest Loser is crowned!

You can also use this space to discuss health and fitness, share recipes, motivate one another, etc.

Nice to "meet" everyone! :)
  • jadeanstey
    jadeanstey Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey all, my name is Jade and I am 23 years old. I currently weigh 191lbs, and am trying to get down to 175lbs (The weight I was when I graduated high school). This is a perfect challenge to help me get off this 16lbs. So I'm in!
  • kerenvaknin
    kerenvaknin Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm in :)

My name is Keren and I'm 23. Last year I dropped around 30 lbs (from 155 to 125). The entire year I managed to stay on the 120-130 zone without dieting, but now that I'm on vacation I decided I want to start dieting again, and lose those last 20 pounds :)
    I recently started beachbody's turbo fire/insanity hybrid.

My CW is 127.4, and my UGW is 105 lbs.

I'm so excited to start on Friday!!
    Keren
  • maryirice
    maryirice Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    W
  • mom2boys3
    mom2boys3 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm in. My name is Patricia. I am 34 years old, and am the married mother of 3 boys. I rejoined MFP on June 26, and am looking to lose over 100 pounds. I want to be healthy again, and be a good role model of healthy living for my kids.
  • thistime38
    thistime38 Posts: 62
    Options
    Count me in, I just started MFP on June 28th an have lost 23 pounds so far and am looking to lose a bunch more!

wow 23lbs thats awesome!!
  • ninic010386
    ninic010386 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi, All!!!

Count me in! I'm 26 and from TX. I love sand volleyball and zumba. I began my weight loss journey seriously this January and began at 294.8. I now weigh in at 284.4 My weight has been a battle my whole life and has been the one thing that has always stood in my way. I am here to succeed. Let's do this!
  • GiaLaDiva
    GiaLaDiva Posts: 26
    Options
    I am in! I need motivation to lose 120lbs and this sounds like a great challenge to keep me going.
  • cecimaguina
    cecimaguina Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hello! I just signed in! I have already lost with MFP 20lbs and have at least 35lbs more to go. I work full time, 2 daughters and a husband and no much time for much, except my 30min 2 a week in my treadmill! and the motivation to look and feel great in a few months gets me going.
    I can't wait to start this new challenge. THANK YOU!
  • KettlebellTess
    Options
    So happy to find this on my first day at MFP!

I'm Tess, I'm 53 and I'm morbidly obese. Yup, I said it. There's no way to sugar coat it...I'm way beyond voluptuous or curvy. I'm fat. FAT! I don't see myself as that fat when I look in the mirror, but when I see photographs....HOLY COW!! Do I REALLY look like that???? :embarassed:

I love to eat, and I can eat enough in one sitting to feed a third-world family for a week. I'm also beyond lazy - I think I must have been a sloth in a previous life. I have a desk job so I sit on my *kitten* all day long, then go home and sit on my *kitten*.

But that is going to change.

I have a major motivator in my corner, and I have kettlebells.

SO GLAD TO BE HERE! :bigsmile:
  • justagirl2013
    justagirl2013 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

I'm Razz, and I'm hoping maybe this will be the perfect way to keep me motivated. I have a goal to loose 25 pounds by November 16th, so let's see how it goes! Friday weigh ins will be a bit different for me, as I generally do Mondays, but I'm going to do it!
  • mysticaldreams
    mysticaldreams Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Monica. I am new to this site and the idea of an online group for motivation. I need something to kick me in the rear and keep me going and I really hope this is going to help.

Some of my biggest obstacle are:
    my medical issues prevent me from a lot of exercises
    I use my medical issues as an excuse
    I don't like cooking for one and my husband and I eat at different times.

I can list a ton more but bottom line it comes down to ME!! I know I am capable of doing more than I am but I always find a reason not to do it.

I don't want to be embarrassed every time I walk out the door. I am tired of looking like this, I didn't get fat until my mid 30s and I still don't look in the mirror and see me, Like Tess said, the photos say it all... OUCH.

Glad I am taking the first steps, now to keep up with the follow through. Happy to be a part of this group. :happy: :heart:

:drinker: Cheers to a slimmer tomorrow!!
  • nbrown1989
    nbrown1989 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am restarting my journey once again and I think this would be a great way to motivate me so I am in for this challenge I will weigh in on Friday and change that to my weigh in day as Sunday is my usual weigh in day.:smile:
  • kreadinger1
    kreadinger1 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I am Kate. I am excited to find this summer slim down challenge. I joined MFP one week ago and have been thrilled to regain some control over my eating habits. My CW=203.5 lbs., my UGW=121. I am 5'2", with a small frame. wrist circumference=7 inches.

Weight has been a life long struggle, and my purpose for this journey is to end the struggle.

My currnet practice is to weigh in on Sundays at work (RN), I will adjust this practice for the challenge. Good luck to all. May the leanest, healthiest person win.
  • edithejaime
    edithejaime Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone my name is Edith Jaime i use to weigh 329 pounds and today i am 198 i feel stuck and i need friends and more motivation to keep me going. I would love to join this biggest loser and finally finish my most desired goal of 150
  • ksb0602
    ksb0602 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello all!
    My name is Kay and I am a 41 yo mom of one. I am just starting my weight loss journey so this challenge would be a great addition to keep me on task. I have just started the Pink Method reset today so I am re-learning how to \ make better choices when it comes to my food. I am 5' 4' and weigh 180lbs. I started MFP last week and it has been a struggle tracking everything but i think i'm starting to get the hang of things :)

Thank you so very much for the opportunity to get in on this!
  • niccolebarnes
    niccolebarnes Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My name is Niccole. I'm 32, a wife and a mother of a three year old. I've always been pretty good at sticking with something for at least a week, but after that I let life take back over. I'm hoping with this group I'll be able to stick things out and get back into my much smaller clothing.

Thank you for setting this up.
  • taffyRN84
    taffyRN84 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi, I definitely would like to join, I just started back and i'm trying to stay on the right track this time around, I'm trying to lose about 28lbs. I know with the support from you guys, i'll do it this time, Good Luck to all.