Massachusetts Residents

Options
this forum topic is for the people that live in Ma that are looking for workout buddies

Replies

• massamargo
    Options
    Where in Mass are you?
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    in the berkshires here..
  • KendraM1982
    Options
    I'm in Bridgewater @ massamargo
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I live in Quincy, but just moved here from Taunton, and originally from Easton. Do you have any gyms that you go to in the Bridgewater area? I used to workout at the Raynham Athleticlub, and I trained MMA out of bishop's boxing in West Bridgewater.
  • KendraM1982
    Options
    No i currently don't go to any gyms because of my financial status, and because i do not drive yet. I used to go to Curves For Women up near the nail salon and friendly's ice cream shop that got shut down. I am going to get money at the end of the month. I am planning on going to fitness together or some gym in bridgewater or somewhere in brockton like W.O.W or i am gonna go tothe East Bridgewater Ymca and do some fitness classes there. if you would like to become fitness partners i would love to go to the gym with you! @bagge72
  • bagge72
    Options
    Unfortunately I live in Quincy now, so I go to a gym in Dorchester, I do miss the gyms in that area though, most of my friends still go to them.
  • KendraM1982
    Options
    I live in Quincy, but just moved here from Taunton, and originally from Easton. Do you have any gyms that you go to in the Bridgewater area? I used to workout at the Raynham Athleticlub, and I trained MMA out of bishop's boxing in West Bridgewater.

in this post you say you live in quincy but just moved here from taunton it's kinda confusing too much info
  • mszebra
    mszebra Posts: 94
    Options
    I'm also in Quincy. Used to belong to an all-women's gym in Milton but i was paying for features I wasn't really using so I joined planet fitness- I go between Quincy and the Dorchester ones. I also am slowing getting back into Bikram yoga.
  • bagge72
    Options
    Nice I go to the PF in Dorchester as well! Actually I'm about to run there now. I also live to the Milton line so I'm guessing you used to go to Fitness Unlimited?
  • KendraM1982
    Options
    I'm thinking of going to the Brockton Planet Fitness like 15 mins away from my house if i can find a way to get there since i don't drive yet.
  • bagge72
    Options
    It's not too bad there, it doesn't get as busy as some other gyms. Also I think the gym down the street Wai Kru, which is a Mixed Martial Arts gym, but also has a full gym, it used to be baystate gym, and I think they might be doing 9.99 a month as well.
  • massamargo
    Options
    I am currently in Hyannis (on the Cape). I go to Fitness 500, but have seriously slacked off and need to get my *kitten* in gear and start going again. I'm planning on moving to the Boston area, and will join a gym there. I like Fitness 500 because all the classes are included, its very clean, and its not overcrowded like some other gyms around here. I would love to get back into yoga, too. I have about 40 pounds to lose, give or take a few.
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Hello group! I've been away from this site for a while. Bagge72 - We used to live in Quincy up till 2 mos ago, now we are north of the City. My husband liked the adams st Quincy PF better than the Dorchester one... I found it crowded evenings till about 8-830 though. I used to really enjoy running outside down Wollaston beach because there were never any bugs running by the ocean unlike mosquito infested Marina Bay!

Currently there's a little gym in the building we live in so I am working on day 7 in a row on a streak:) I have to run a 5k at the end of the month so the plan is get to the gym every day (except days we are away), work out, and do a minimum 5k on the treadmill - however I do it - run, walk, as long as I finish. Figure I'll be race ready by month end... Hoping anyway.

Good luck everyone!!