Options
jerber160
jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
I'm wondering if i offended everyone. otherwise.. yeeshhhh//

Replies

• macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say you've offended me, but I don't comment much because I don't want to offend you. This is a Catholic group where Catholics can unite. I'd prefer to come to this group to discuss things we have in common instead of debating in it. I debate Christianity in the debating group because that group was designed for that purpose. I don't want to be "that person" in this group who is always arguing the Church's position.
  • jerber160
    Options
    I (obviously) have a problem with people who constantly listen to only one side of issues.. I thought hearing from other catholics would be a good thing...I should know better because one day at church during the last election some fellow catholic stuck a bumper sticker over my left-leaning bumpersticker. It seems differing opinions are of limited value. on another note I heard the lead nun in the bus tour talking today.. she rocks... but ... what can I say. Maybe we should all just stay in our holes..
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I love to discuss our differing opinions, and I certainly don't think we should all stay in our holes. I'm sorry if I came across that way.
  • jerber160
    Options
    DEFINITELY NOT YOU... !1
  • BestCindyICanBe
    BestCindyICanBe Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I, personnally, do not have time to post much in this group or any where else. I am on MFP to lose weight. I have come into contact with others who have become my friends to support me in that goal. In real life I have 4 children, 1/2 acre to care for with fruit trees and a garden, animals to care for (my girls have lambs that they will be selling at the 4-H auction) plus my volunteer work at the parish, school and in the community. I am sorry that you are disappointed at the lack of response to your post but I am sure most of the people on here are just as busy as I am.
  • gonna_do_it_56
    gonna_do_it_56 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I, personnally, do not have time to post much in this group or any where else. I am on MFP to lose weight. I have come into contact with others who have become my friends to support me in that goal. In real life I have 4 children, 1/2 acre to care for with fruit trees and a garden, animals to care for (my girls have lambs that they will be selling at the 4-H auction) plus my volunteer work at the parish, school and in the community. I am sorry that you are disappointed at the lack of response to your post but I am sure most of the people on here are just as busy as I am.

Yep.....
  • pumpkinoodle
    pumpkinoodle Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Amen Sister! I couldn't agree with you more. I work one full-time government job and a part-time dance instructor job. However I'm toying with the idea of treating MFP more like Facebook :smile:

Yep.....
  • juliekin
    juliekin Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Yup, three kids, work, everything is in season (central California) so tons of canning to do, volunteer work, people over every day (so constant meals for 10). But Catholics, even in my family, are varied. We may not agree, but that doesn't make us any less united.
  • beth40n2
    beth40n2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options

Same here! I am a busy grandma who works two jobs and spends time with 2 sons and 3 grandsons. Not a lot of time to debate. I spend some time on Catholic Answers to help teach the faith.
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I am more interested in discussion and sharing on how to be a better Catholic than debating the positions of the Church on contemporary issues like gay marriage, where I believe what the Church says to be true. There are plenty of blogs out there for that kind of debate.

What I like here is to see how my faith is pertinent to my weight loss journey.

I've read your posts and they seem to be contentious. You don't react to what we say, but repeat your original position. So maybe that is why you find us boring.

You say you are interested in left wing politics. I found this article to be quite interesting: http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/christianity-changing-lives-of-indias-untouchables
  • BestCindyICanBe
    BestCindyICanBe Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    It is sad to me that anyone would be considered "untouchable". What wonderful work that group is doing!
  • losackP
    losackP Posts: 3
    Options
    Why would you post this? haha It's not so much offensive, as it makes you look like a jerk. The only reason that you would comment is to start trouble. Just don't join the group!
  • seaKind
    seaKind Posts: 136
    Options
    this^^ :)
  • orapronobis
    orapronobis Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Try posting something positive. From the titles of your posts to the content, you come across as wanting to pick a fight. No, I have never responded to any of your posts, but I have prayed for you to find peace.
  • jerber160
    Options
    Try posting something positive. From the titles of your posts to the content, you come across as wanting to pick a fight. No, I have never responded to any of your posts, but I have prayed for you to find peace.

thank you for praying I 'find peace.' I'm obviously on a journey. I was looking to exchange ideas and broaden my outlook on the world but that did not happen in this group so I unsubscribed. I find that sad because my favorite priest is very open to the concept of free will as opposed to slavish adherence to doctrine. I also found members here did not post frequently enough to help me on my weight loss journey=there are days and weeks between anyone checking in. I need a more hands-on reaction to weight loss. That said, I have no idea how to stop getting updates on posts posted months ago....good luck to you all. By the way, I can't help but think how many of us live in gated communities. the gates can be physical, or time constraints or tolerance. good luck to you all.
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options

thank you for praying I 'find peace.' I'm obviously on a journey. I was looking to exchange ideas and broaden my outlook on the world but that did not happen in this group so I unsubscribed. I find that sad because my favorite priest is very open to the concept of free will as opposed to slavish adherence to doctrine. I also found members here did not post frequently enough to help me on my weight loss journey=there are days and weeks between anyone checking in. I need a more hands-on reaction to weight loss. That said, I have no idea how to stop getting updates on posts posted months ago....good luck to you all. By the way, I can't help but think how many of us live in gated communities. the gates can be physical, or time constraints or tolerance. good luck to you all.

Fooey on slavishness! That is a big chiche, especially these days. If we adhere to doctrine, it is a free choice, joyously made, in the face of much opposition from the herd of independent thinkers.