Options
fit443
fit443 Posts: 93 Member
Omega 3 enriched eggs? Good or bad?

Replies

• vasolrac
    vasolrac Posts: 7
    Options
    hmmmmm... Personally need to keep with the cheap costco eggs since everyone else in my family eats lots of eggs... kids, wife. Luckily they don't have cholesterol issues. I, on the other hand, just limit the quantity of regular eggs to 2 to 3 a week. Hopefully when I test my LDLs next all the other things I do will help keep them low.
  • fit443
    Options
    I agree - especially after I finally broke the bank to buy myself my own dozen, only to discover they still have 195 cholesterol! That's my whole day, right there! Sheesh!
  • fit443
    Options
    I found some Swiss vegapure in a pharmacy today - conatins vegetable sterol esters, and claims to lower cholesterol. I'm going to try it and see what changes in my counts by the time I re-test my levels in Sept.
  • kkzmom11
    kkzmom11 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    i usually buy eggland's best, so i guess omega-3 is good? right now, i am working on not eating beef, then i will work on pork, then poultry. i want off the cholesterol meds permanently.
  • laybyday
    laybyday Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I think omega-3 is a good fat? Eggs are OK on a LC diet aren't they...in moderation of course. It's how you cook them that's the problem. This is all new to me I'm not an expert by any means. I'm just starting on my LC diet & statin :/ I really hope not to be on medication this time next year.
  • Kaceigh
    Kaceigh Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been eating the Original Egg Beaters and they are great. They also have no cholesterol and are low in calories. :smile: Good luck.