Vegetarian looking for positive and motivated friends!

Options
tnqnt
tnqnt Posts: 397 Member
Hi!

I am a 41 Year Old female from the US, vegetarian.... LOVE to cook and find creative ways to make my favorite foods with less calories. Looking for others for support and to bounce ideas off of.

Replies

• Kamnikar64
    Kamnikar64 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I am new to MFP and back to being a vetarian since April. I'm 48 and a single mom and trying to remake some of the dishes I love using substitute ingredients. I would like to exchange ideas about creative cooking.
  • captawesome
    captawesome Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hello there!!

I've been a veggie since Jan this year and I'm loving it! I love cooking as well - actually I currently have a quiche and an apple pie in the oven :laugh:

Feel free to add me if you like!
  • VeganDoc
    VeganDoc Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi, there! I have been a vegan for five years and a vegetarian for thirty. Feel free to friend me! There is a great network of veggie heads on this site!
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    i'm not a vegetarian in the strictest sense, but i never cook meat at home because my lovenugget is a 25+ year vegetarian. and i love eating vegetarian food; in fact, i prefer it.

so you may add me if you like, but be aware, you may occasionally see some meat on my diary.

edit: also, we almost never eat out and we cook everything from scratch ;)
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    Hello there!!

I've been a veggie since Jan this year and I'm loving it! I love cooking as well - actually I currently have a quiche and an apple pie in the oven :laugh:

i'm a little jealous that it's cool enough where you are to have the oven on!! ;) i wish i were there not only for the relief, but for your quiche & pie...
  • captawesome
    captawesome Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hello there!!

i'm a little jealous that it's cool enough where you are to have the oven on!! ;) i wish i were there not only for the relief, but for your quiche & pie...

Well it's winter here so I'm on the flipside waiting it out for some warmer weather! hah! it's a shame you missed out, the pie was rather tasty. There is some left but I honestly can't say how long it'll last... its tough times in my house for pie, especially tasty pie. I'll have to report back on the quiche situation though cause I'm having that for lunch today :smile:
  • Christine_Bean
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian for 2 years. It started out rough for me. Not because I missed meat, but because I was a terrible cook. I've been getting better though and have learned to make a lot of new dishes. And I found out I love tofu and quinoa. Who knew? Add me if you'd like.
  • veggiebound
    veggiebound Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Vegeatarian foodie here
  • RitaB19
    RitaB19 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am a Dietitian and have been a Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian for 15 years now. Veggie is the only way to go!
  • flickerflynn
    Options
    I'm a 39++ y.o. Lacto-ovo vegetarian, and have been for most of my life, since age 12. I love to cook, and have been so concerned with protein, that I have over-compensated by eating way too much cheese. Now that I can use this site to calculate exact numbrs, I hope to keep losing fat, and weight.