Anyone been on the Atlantis Events Vacations?

Options
OhioMade
OhioMade Posts: 48 Member
Hi folks, Has anyone been on these gay-themed events? If so, I would appreicate your feedback. From the looks of the website, everyone is perfectly buff and sexy...somewhat intimidating. What do you think?

Replies

• Rhodium1976
    Rhodium1976 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I've been to circuit parties back in the late '90s and early 2000s (including Red in Columbus, used to live there). Everyone is fit, I mean everyone. You don't have to be huge muscle wise, but if you are fit you should feel fine. To me, it was intimidating at first, but my mantra through all my clubbing/partying days was to walk in like you own the place, with confidence and not hubris.

I haven't done the cruises or anything.
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    We've been on Atlantis cruises a number of times and have always had a great time. Everyone is buff and beautiful in the ads, but that is just marketing. My overweight boyfriend and overweight self never felt judged or looked down upon. Everyone is just out to have a good time, not judge each other. Unlike the ads, there are all shapes, sizes, and ages. Sure, lots of twinks and bodybuilders but bears and old married couples and just plain folks as well. I seem to remember hearing that the average age is 42, which is probably 20 years older than the average age of the folks shown in the ads. I'd highly recommend it for gay men. (Lesbians, not so much, unless you really want to be one of a couple dozen lesbians in a group of 2000 men.)
  • kskroch
    kskroch Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    We've looked into going from time to time.... I'm kind of worried that all there is to do is eat and drink ? also I'm kind of cheap and don't want to spend the money.... but we really should, maybe for our 30th? I use to see an ad for a Clipper ship cruise, that looked more interesting to me.
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    Atlantis sets up an amazing schedule of entertainment and activities. Definitely not the case that there is nothing to do but eat or drink. Singers and comedians and tea dances and discos and pool games and bingo and more. Two or three shows a night, plus a big dance party. Not to mention shore excursions in the various ports. This is not your grandma's shuffleboard and sleep in the shade cruise. But of course, you can do that too if you want!

What with walking and dancing and eating two or three meals a day with no snacks, my husband always loses a few pounds on a cruise.
  • OhioMade
    OhioMade Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies, folks! It sounds like a good time.