Weigh-In Week: July 16 - July 22

Options
_Khaleesi_
_Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
10 Weeks Until Fall!!

What's your biggest challenge?

Biggest Weekly Loss (determined by %): Jetzgurl with 2.2 lbs lost!! (1.37%!!)
Biggest Challenge Loss (Starting September 26, 2011 - determined by %): Panyg having lost 4.4 lbs! (1.86%!!)

Weekly Chart:
Italicized means Starting Weight
Bold means Current Weight
Underlined means Weekly Loss
If you don't check in I will stop charting your results. But fear not! If you want to come back just let me know and you'll be charted again!

Jersey3025: 170 lbs | 168.2 lbs | 0.0 lbs
JetzGurl: 161.1 lbs | 163.8 lbs | 2.2 lbs
Jazzminx: 192 lbs | 192 lbs | 0 lbs
ladimahagoni: 188 lbs | 188.0 lbs | 0 lbs
NovemberJune: 148.2 lbs | 146.8 lbs | +1.2 lbs
MommyRobin: 138 lbs | 137 lbs | 0 lbs
linea27: 171.9 lbs | 168.9 lbs | 1.3 lbs
Panyg: 236 lbs | 231.6 lbs | 0 lbs

Weekly Challenge: What's your biggest challenge and how are you working to overcome it?

Replies

• JetzGurl
    JetzGurl Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    My biggest challenge is motivation to exercise. I have NONE!!!
    I am trying to overcome it by walking (weather permitting) or doing yoga on my lunch break.
    So far, so good!
  • MommyRobin
    MommyRobin Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    My biggest challenge is recovering from my breast lift. I had it earlier today. The pain is not as bad as I thought. It hurts of course, but I went in to this expecting the worst. My goal this week is to stay off of the scale. Because the doc said I will have swelling and water weight gain during the healing process. EEK! My hubby already took my scale away. :grumble: lol.
  • jazzminx
    jazzminx Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    My biggest challenge is finding the time/motivation to exercise. I work part time as a server, plus taking online classes. And trying to spend time with the kids and take care of the house. Some days just don't seem to have enough hours.
  • ladimahagoni
    Options
    My biggest challenge of late is a recurrent LB injury. I am overcoming this by resting (boo - no exercising) and stretching daily whether or not I exercise. Just purchased a foam roller for $14 at walmart.
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    I'm sensing a pattern... exercise/ injury (surgery)/ exercise/ injury lol

My biggest difficulty is drinking enough water and keeping my sugar down.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    My challenge right now is not caring about the scale!! I think I'm doing ok but it just seems so cruel that I got just 0.6 lbs away from overweight and now I'm 3 lbs overweight again despite good calories and good workouts :tongue:

Thursday is my weigh in day so I'll update tomorrow but it's not looking good. Stupid scale! "Gaining" 2 weeks in a row is actually something that's not happened to me in my 17 months on mfp.
  • NovemberJune
    Options
    Ok 147.6. I don't know what's up with the scale :tongue:
  • linea27
    linea27 Posts: 45
    Options
    My biggest challenge this week would have to be running with blisters on my foot. It definitely makes me think twice about going, but yesterday I put a bandaid on and ran like crazy anyway! Finding a rest day might be my next biggest challenge. Part of me knows that it's necessary for my body to recover, but my logical side says one day off = a bunch of following days off. Guess I won't be taking a day off... lol
  • linea27
    linea27 Posts: 45
    Options
    Weighing in today--167.3!!! I never thought I would be so excited to get on a scale... so far, it keeps dropping. This is so new to me-I have yo-yo dieted for years now. Having to report my weight every week is definitely giving me a bigger push to do well, so thank you!! :)
  • 321blueeyes
    321blueeyes Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    After several failed attempts to commit to the Summer challenge, I'm back trying to make this work! Unfortunately the past few (careless) months have left me with some gains, so I'm having to backtrack a bit... living proof that waight maintenance will always be something I have to focus on.

Starting / Current Weight:148 lbs
    Challenge Goal Weight: 142 lbs

What's your biggest challenge and how are you working to overcome it? I run a lot and find it difficult to cut calories during a "training" season... but I'm almost always training as I run 2-3 half marathons a year. It's the hunger that gets to me - the hunger tells me to eat more, but if I eat too much then I don't lose (or sometimes gain). Last Sept/Oct I weighed about 142-144 during the fall race season. Back in Jan/Feb (non-race season) I had successfully dropped down to about 138 (muscle loss?)
  • MommyRobin
    MommyRobin Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I put on 16 lbs. of water weight due to my breast lift surgery. I have officially lost all of the water weight and am back to 137. So, no loss, no gain! Yay! I get the steri strip bandages off this Wed. and will hopefully be cleared for exercise on my elliptical by Friday. I can't jog for 6 weeks. Or do higher impact exercise like Jillian Michaels DVDs.

Also, check out my Before and After Pics
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/678400-my-ultimate-before-after-pics-88-lbs

Weigh in-137 lbs.
  • jazzminx
    jazzminx Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I'm probably too late for the charting, but I wanted to get it in anyway :)

Starting Weight: 192 lbs
    Week 1: 191.4
    Week 2: 192.0
    Week 3: 192.0
    Week 4: 191.6

Weekly difference: 0.4
    Total Challenge Loss: 0.4

End of challenge goal weight: 177 lbs
    Weight loss remaining to goal: 14.6 lbs

Biggest Success: Small loss, but I was expecting a gain so yay. I wasn't careful about what I ate at all, but I did drink a lot of water. I took a motorcycle safety course this weekend and it was very hot. I didn't realize how exhausting it would be, I'm super sore in my thigh muscles.
    Biggest Struggle: Exercising
  • ladimahagoni
    Options
    So, today will be my first day back to the gym. I have not been working out. Not going to weigh in this week. Biggest challenge: starting back slow :)
  • NovemberJune
    Options
    I put on 16 lbs. of water weight due to my breast lift surgery. I have officially lost all of the water weight and am back to 137. So, no loss, no gain! Yay! I get the steri strip bandages off this Wed. and will hopefully be cleared for exercise on my elliptical by Friday. I can't jog for 6 weeks. Or do higher impact exercise like Jillian Michaels DVDs.

Also, check out my Before and After Pics
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/678400-my-ultimate-before-after-pics-88-lbs

Weigh in-137 lbs.

love those progress pics!!!! :D It sounds like your recovery is going well! That's good :)
  • panyg
    panyg Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Sorry if I'm too late!

230.6 this week, down 1 pound.

Biggest success : Lost a little weight
    Biggest struggle : Didn't eat well, didn't excercise, no water.....