Lets try this 3 step challenge

Options
rockinrelish27
rockinrelish27 Posts: 37 Member
Step 1: Walk for 30 minutes every day. Make a daily, brisk half-hour walk your first fitness goal. Get a buddy and you'll get younger two ways -- companionship and exercise. Or walk three times a day for 10 minutes. Aim for consistency.

Step 2: Sweat. After 30 days of daily walking, step things up. Add something sweaty 1 hour a week: Take an exercise class, bike, hike up hills. Go to the health club you joined.

Step 3: Build strength. Find an extra 30 minutes a week -- in one session or not -- to build muscle by lifting weights.

No time? Do walking meetings. And turn up the intensity when sweeping, mopping, mowing the lawn, walking the dog, or gardening!!!

Replies

• selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    i love this, i have done all of these the last month and feel so much better
  • hairsprayhon
    hairsprayhon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Great advice. One of the things I was thinking about yesterday was the JOY OF SWEAT. Coming home from tennis with stinky, wet clothes really made me feel good. No matter where we are on the fitness journey or what kind of exercise we are doing, Working up a sweat is a great thing.
  • rockinrelish27
    Options
    I think sweat powers me up even more to do it again the next day even when that next day comes and I am so stiff I can't move:)
  • rockinrelish27
    Options
    Step 1: Walk for 30 minutes every day. Make a daily, brisk half-hour walk your first fitness goal. Get a buddy and you'll get younger two ways -- companionship and exercise. Or walk three times a day for 10 minutes. Aim for consistency.

Step 2: Sweat. After 7 days of daily walking, step things up. Add something sweaty 30 min a week: Take an exercise class, bike, hike up hills. Go to the health club you joined.

Step 3: Build strength. Find an extra 30 minutes a week -- in one session or not -- to build muscle by lifting weights.

No time? Do walking meetings. And turn up the intensity when sweeping, mopping, mowing the lawn, walking the dog, or gardening!!!

I changed up somethings to make it more challenging for some
  • jsande10
    jsande10 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Too easy, this is me all over. I walk everywehre because I don't drive, and I work as a disability support worker two days a week one of which is in the pool with clients, since I returned to work this year the weight has beenc oming off, especially when I behave with my calorie intake. It's a good plan
  • rockinrelish27
    Options
    do you think it would be too easy for alot of people??