Non-Scale Victories (NSVs)!

Options
Just a quick post to ask - what have your NSVs been during this challenge?
I had two recent ones.

1) On vacation, I needed to catch up to my fiance and jogged to catch up with him. Jogged for at least 5 minutes straight, no rests, and didn't even get close to being out of breath!

2) On that same vacation, wore the same dress I wore to another wedding 2 years ago. This time did NOT need a corset but was able to wear it comfortably!

I still have a ways to go. But small victories make it tolerable.

Replies

• tinyjaz
    tinyjaz Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Just a quick post to ask - what have your NSVs been during this challenge?
    I had two recent ones.

1) On vacation, I needed to catch up to my fiance and jogged to catch up with him. Jogged for at least 5 minutes straight, no rests, and didn't even get close to being out of breath!

2) On that same vacation, wore the same dress I wore to another wedding 2 years ago. This time did NOT need a corset but was able to wear it comfortably!

I still have a ways to go. But small victories make it tolerable.

WTG!!
  • twelker878
    twelker878 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I can take off my work jeans without unzipping or unbuttoning. Shorts from last year are too big. Clothes packed away two years ago are in the dresser.
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    i started losing weight in Nov 2011 with a size 40 pants, not sure what i was 6 weeks ago when the challenge started but yesterday i went to the store to get new jean shorts cause i cant wear 40 no more, it was size 34, lost 6 inches in 7 and half months. i did two 5k's during the challenge which was a walk/run but its a start.
  • rockinrelish27
    rockinrelish27 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My Moms boyfriend told me it looked like I lost 40 pounds even though ive lost 21!! and I am now in a size 12 jean :)
  • hairsprayhon
    hairsprayhon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    My tennis friends have started to comment - not only have they finally started to notice that I have lost weight (maybe they weren't sure for the first forty pounds what was going on) but they have also noticed that I am no longer worried about drop shots or lobs because I can actually move around the court!!!
    I am wearing my tennis dresses with short sleeve shirts, next goal is to wear the dresses and let the world see my arms.
  • Sinisi2012
    Sinisi2012 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I had my favorite pair of work pants taken in a couple of weeks ago and now they are too big again but cannot be taken in anymore, sooooo I went to the store today to get another pair of the same thing the next size smaller. Once I tried them on I realized I still had room in them so I went TWO sizes smaller!! I went from a size 16 to a size 12 in the last 10 weeks.

2 years ago when I was at my highest weight I was wearing an 18 that and they were snug on me, so a 12 is very exciting! :happy:

Can't wait to post that my size 12s are too big.......it WILL happen!
  • Sinisi2012
    Sinisi2012 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    My tennis friends have started to comment - not only have they finally started to notice that I have lost weight (maybe they weren't sure for the first forty pounds what was going on) but they have also noticed that I am no longer worried about drop shots or lobs because I can actually move around the court!!!
    I am wearing my tennis dresses with short sleeve shirts, next goal is to wear the dresses and let the world see my arms.

That's awesome! 40lbs is a lot, not sure why it took 45 for them to notice LOL
  • lessofme65
    lessofme65 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Started at size 20 now in 16 and they're starting to get a little baggy. I think the biggest thing is that I actually want to get up and move, do stuff, go places, whatever. I used to just sit around since it was uncomfortable to move at my size. I'm so glad for this change :)
  • jsande10
    jsande10 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Deliberately bought some pants earlier this year, as a ïm gong to get into those by Christmas'kind of motivation tool, and somehow managed to actually put them on by mistake, it was awesome once my brain woke up and actually looked at what I was wearing. Christmas came early for me this year.
  • selig0730
    Options
    Deliberately bought some pants earlier this year, as a ïm gong to get into those by Christmas'kind of motivation tool, and somehow managed to actually put them on by mistake, it was awesome once my brain woke up and actually looked at what I was wearing. Christmas came early for me this year.
    thats awesome
  • selig0730
    Options
    when i havent seen people in the past couple months and they say wow you've lost some weight and you look great.
  • Amber50lbsDown
    Amber50lbsDown Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Today I did measurments and have lost 9.5 inches total from my body since starting the first round of this challange !!!!
  • selig0730
    Options
    Today I did measurments and have lost 9.5 inches total from my body since starting the first round of this challange !!!!

wow thats awesome, keep it up :)
  • Copperycat
    Copperycat Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    i started losing weight in Nov 2011 with a size 40 pants, not sure what i was 6 weeks ago when the challenge started but yesterday i went to the store to get new jean shorts cause i cant wear 40 no more, it was size 34, lost 6 inches in 7 and half months. i did two 5k's during the challenge which was a walk/run but its a start.

That is a fantastic NSV!