Where are all of the 50+ LGBTQO people on MFP?

Options
Hi, I'm Shane, and I would like to have more 50+ LGBTQO friends on MFP. Are there any takers? BTW, the picture you see of me was taken about 2.5 years ago. I keep pictures of when I was about 130lbs. as my profile picture, because they are an incentive for me to work at losing weight. I do have one picture of myself (in my pictures) when I was about 225lbs. I am now down to 176lbs. I really would like to make some new 50+ LGBTQO friends. I make a good MFP friend!!!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• ShaneWinston58
    Options
    I'm the person with the green top.
  • takehimaway
    takehimaway Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Where are all the GLBTQI people on MFP, period?!
  • ShaneWinston58
    Options
    On the LGBT message boards.
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    So is it true that when I hit 40, the LGBTQ community is going to force me into some Logan's Run situation where I'll be forced to dodge the lavender police trying to hunt me down? If so, that might explain why you're not finding that many in that age bracket.
  • ShaneWinston58
    Options
    Evan, I haven't really tried looking for people in my age group on MFP. I know there are plenty of us here, but it is just easier to post a message rather than fishing through all of the other LGBT posts.
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    51 and still not hunted down!
  • bhankiii
    bhankiii Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    We're here!
  • kathyms13
    kathyms13 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    im 60s and i use lavender to scare of the youngsters. not really lol
  • ShaneWinston58
    Options
    ROFL, to all of the above!!!:laugh:

Shane
  • ShaneWinston58
    Options
    Thank you for the friend requests so far!!!:bigsmile:
  • Rhodium1976
    Rhodium1976 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    So is it true that when I hit 40, the LGBTQ community is going to force me into some Logan's Run situation where I'll be forced to dodge the lavender police trying to hunt me down? If so, that might explain why you're not finding that many in that age bracket.

Yeah, when I turned 35 they confiscated all my Abercrombie and Hollister clothes :(.
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    As I approach my 50s I'm now in the best shape I've been since my late early 30s. But just as the general population is ageing there must be an ever-growing number of middle-aged and elderly LGBT+ people in the world, yet we seem to be the forgotten people. It's as if it's only the young and beautiful people who are allowed to be gay.

Well, we may well be in the autumn of our lives, but we are still beautiful and have so much life still to live!
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options

Yeah, when I turned 35 they confiscated all my Abercrombie and Hollister clothes :(.

Thankfully I don't have to worry about that. The smell of A & F makes me ill. Maybe the fur and excess body fat will give me an edge in blending in. In Seattle there's frequently a very marginal difference between a bear and a straight guy if we're using superficial criteria.
  • Cheryl_66
    Cheryl_66 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Love the Logans Run reference! People look at me funny when I say "there is no sanctuary". I tend to quote other old, somewhat obscure movies like Soylent Green or the incredible shrinking woman... But ya gotta love Mommy Dearest for great cheesy lines!
  • tearose4
    tearose4 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Well not quite 50+ yet, but almost 44... does that count?? Logan's run people haven't caught me yet either. Maybe that's at 45, instead of 40....:laugh:
  • drdeany
    drdeany Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm here at 48! Pretty close to 50, I think.
    :wink:
  • Lucille51
    Lucille51 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Here! I turned 50 last year and life is good! I could do with some supportive pals too!
  • LemonSnap
    LemonSnap Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Look at all you young things. A well established 50+ here. I have heaps to lose but am, strangely, loving doing it; absolutely revelling in the NSVs.
  • nitepagan
    nitepagan Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I friend people who are willing to put something on their profile for the MFP world to see and read. My other criteria is that the person have a lot of weight to lose. I am in the process of losing 100 lbs.
  • kayakinggrrl
    kayakinggrrl Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm 38 today and while that is a ways away from 50, my partner is 51, a good majority of my friends are 45-55. I never really had any desire to go out, party or do all the shenanigans of young adulthood. Someone once told me I was an old soul...maybe that explains it.