Options
urglewurgle
urglewurgle Posts: 224 Member
I'm in!

Start Date: 25th June
Projected End: Holiday on 26th August
Following Nutrition Guide: Yup
Starting weight(with Insanity): 170
Goal Weight(hoping to reach after completion): 133 or as close as!

I am loving this "recovery" week! It's making my shoulders and legs ache a bit, but core cardio is my fave workout so far!

Can anyone help with my calorie in-take though please, I've read everything I can find about how much I should be eating but still can't get my head around it.

I'm 28, 5'3" and 161lbs and I want to lose. Now, MFP says to eat 1200 cals per day but then should I eat back my exercise cals? Or should I just be eating more? I've lost 9lbs since I started but that was mostly in the first week and nothing since although I can see much more muscle definition. I'm just concerned I'm eating too little to lose weight.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• julia_shealy
    Options
    Everyone is different...you'll just have to play around. 1200 seems to be MFP favorite answer. Does insanity suggest a calorie intake or certain portion size? I know P90x does portion size and bbl does calories. If it is portion control then log what you eat and see where your calories land because Beachbody is very good at putting the best methods of success together.
  • urglewurgle
    Options
    OK, I think this is on the right track; Insanity says to use Harris Benedict multiplied by a "moderately active" factor of 1.550

I'm female, 28 (for 4 more days :( ) and currently 160.

My BMR = 1515.5

The amount of calories needed to meet the energy needs of a body with BMR of 1515.5 and an activity level multiplier of 1.550 is: 2,349 Calories/Day"

So take that, minus 500 to lose = 1849.

Now, do I or do I not eat back my exercise calories? I'd think not as this is factored in with the "moderately active" multiplier, right?
  • julia_shealy
    Options
    Insanity probably includes them MFP does not... So either adjust your calories to 1849 or just leave them at 1200 and eat your workout calories according to MFP.
  • urglewurgle
    Options
    Insanity probably includes them MFP does not... So either adjust your calories to 1849 or just leave them at 1200 and eat your workout calories according to MFP.

Thanks! It's really confusing as it says to multiple by "moderately active" at least and I thought that would cover your exercise!