Take a hike........ok :)

Ive been on here for awhile and thought it would be fun to share hiking experiences.

Last weekend on Saturday (6/2/12) my fiance and I went to Bohemia mines and hiked around. What a blast there were some steep spots but for the most part not to bad. I was only able to spend a couple hours out there and we couldn't make it to the ghost city because there was still snow (Yes in June lol). I am going to attempt this one again at the end of June. Has anyone else hiked there before?

Replies

• Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    No, I have never heard of them. Where are they? I am in Elkton about 35 miles from the coast and about 45 minutes from Eugene.
  • Fairy_Farts
    Fairy_Farts Posts: 166 Member
    I've never heard of it, either. Where exactly is this place?
  • amersmanders
    amersmanders Posts: 118 Member
    Places I enjoy hiking

- Silver Creek Falls is nice, especially in winter.
    - Opal Creek
    - Salt Creek Falls
    - Multnomah Falls
    - Mt. Tabor park (more of a walk than a hike)
    - Smith Rock
  • Silver Falls is the best for hiking. I go there all the time. WIth the different trails and gorgeous scenery you really won't get bored no matter how many times you go!
  • lbcbeachbum77
    lbcbeachbum77 Posts: 78 Member
    I hike in Cathedral Hills a few times a week. It is a very large area of BLM that has many really wonderful trails. A few years back they came in and improved all the trails, you can also mountain bike here too.

Last night was especially fun... I got caught under a booming thunder cloud that let loose with rain. It smelled so great and was very refreshing!

I also like both the upper and lower table rocks and any of the falls hikes up near the North Umpqua River.

Happy Hiking :wink:

~m
  • Eve23
    I haven't hiked Table Rock since I was a kid. I have fond memories of it though :flowerforyou:

I live near Loon Lake and would like to go check it out sometime.
  • lbcbeachbum77
    lbcbeachbum77 Posts: 78 Member
    I haven't hiked Table Rock since I was a kid. I have fond memories of it though :flowerforyou:

I live near Loon Lake and would like to go check it out sometime.

Well, if you ever decide to do it again, let me know, I'd go with ya! It is best in mid spring, when all the wildflowers are blooming and Mt. Mcloughlin still has lots of snow!
  • Eve23
    LOL true. Your in GP? I have a brother in law and some good friends down there. Glad I live where I do though:flowerforyou:
  • Was just at bald mt via lolo pass yesterday! was pretty awesome! did dog mountain a few weeks ago. But i have still yet to find a hike more gorgeous than either (Tied) eagle creek or Multnomah loop. but i try to go atleast once a week! it is awesome excerise! P.S. im new to the NW so any suggestions for places would rock!