Scriptures that inspire

Options
I have found since I started this weight loss journey that if I pray to Jesus before I work out asking Him to help me
work out in a way that will bring Him glory that I work out harder and longer. Yes, it helps me, but I want to honor
Him because even after I have added all this weight on over the years, He is still there, holding out his hand and saying,
"I will help you." He does not give up on us....we give up ourselves. We cannot do this without Him. If I don't pray beforehand, I am much more sluggish, tired and unmotivated. And then I feel horrible....which leads to overeating...it is such a bad cycle. I am
so thankful that Jesus is here to be our "Personal trainer"!

Some scriptures that help me are Galations 5:16 : "I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the
flesh. "

"If indeed you have heard Him and have been taught by Him, as the truth is in Jesus; that you put off, concerning
your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt according to the deceitful lusts and be renewed in the spirit
of your mind, and that you put on the new man which was created acording to God, in true righteousness and
holiness" Ephesians 4:21-24

"Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will
uphold you with My righteous right hand." (Isaiah 41:10)

"Therefore if anyone is in Christ he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold all things have become new."
2 Corinthians 5:17

Replies

• Josieimdoinmenow
    Josieimdoinmenow Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Great word for today!!!
  • RoseBred
    RoseBred Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I find Psalm 91 helps keep me going. With God's help, I am starting to lose weight. When I feel tempted to go back to old sinful habits (gluttony) and feel like binging, I will think of "Oh God, our help in ages past. Our hope for years to come." God has helped me in the past and He will help me through the storms without me turning to food instead of Him.
  • QUEENPINKSPARKLEPARADISEBOUND
    Options
    thanks of rthe beautiful words yes we can so this.. rome wasnt built in a day neither is weigh loss a fast process:drinker: So Im ver proud to be in a size 14 now but I know I have a more weight to lose but health comes first no crash diets for me no pills old school is the way for me. even if im like at goal wiehg tat 50 im cool with that.. if I want ot honor my temple i will be gentle and love it eveyrday the best I can with no stress because if you sweat the small stuff youll never get to the big stuff LOL:flowerforyou: thanks for your support here love and rainbows:heart:
  • QUEENPINKSPARKLEPARADISEBOUND
    Options
    :drinker: Yes being in the word and treating our temple with respect. always keeping componets of a healther lifestyle our focus we are sure to win, pressing forward knowing that Rome wasnt built in a day so therefore our body will let nature takes its course with our weight loss . we mus tbe gentle with ourselfs :drinker: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • jdub224
    jdub224 Posts: 120
    Options
    This is a good one from Biblegateway.com today:

“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10 NIV

When we do things for God, not just to improve ourselves or make ourselves look better, He is surely with us. His Righteous hand upon us. If He is with us, who (or what) can stop us?
  • projectxreborn
    Options
    Just commenting on a different post and remembered this scripture that has helped me a lot... and thanks
    all the encouraging words!

1 Corinthians 10:13 "No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who
    will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape
    also, so that you will be able to endure it. " I hope you all have a blessed day. :)
  • projectxreborn
    Options
    I have a more weight to lose but health comes first no crash diets for me no pills old school is the way for me. even if im like at goal wiehg tat 50 im cool with that..

Yes this...I don't care how long it takes me either, just as long as I get there! It has taken me forever but I have gotten to the
    point where I don't care what others think of my body or how it needs to change or what weight that I need to lose...only God's
    opinion matters to me now. He is the one who has comforted me when I have been depressed, taken away the anger after someone
    has said a rude comment, and accepted me at any weight. He is the only one I want to make proud of me!
  • jdub224
    Options
    I have a verse I think we can embrace today:

2 Corinthians 5:17
    Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!

Notice the "!" Let's get excited that we are a NEW creation. We don't have to dwell in our past mistakes. We can put behind us shame, guilt and gluttony and step into God's promises. In his strength. Cry out to Jesus!! Do you think the one who overcame Death can't help you defeat the enemy in the battle of the bulge?

Let's Go!!
  • jdub224
    Options
    “You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word.” Psalm 119:114 NIV

August, here we go.
  • projectxreborn
    Options
    jdub224 thanks for the extra scriptures this morning and the reminder that Jesus defeated death...He can surely help me
    conquer this battle...really needed to hear it today. :) God bless !
  • jdub224
    Options
    No worries. Keep me in prayer this month. I am doing Insanity each morning and then working out at night at the gym to support my buddy. On top of school starting and Teen Groups and all that; gonna be a busy month.
  • projectxreborn
    Options
    Definitely...that is awesome you are helping out a friend with his workout as well. :)
  • jdub224
    Options
    Psalm 139:14
    New International Version (NIV)
    14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well.

The same God who made the cardinal and the bluejay made us!! Look around at all the wonderful and beautiful things He has made. Remember, he made us!! In His image. The Enemy comes against us and tells us lies to keep us in our sin and shame. God tells us that there is no condemnation in Him.

Today let us walk/jog/swim/sweat in His Truth and not the lies of the enemy.

Let's Go!!!
  • jdub224
    Options
    Good one from our Sermon today;

Hebrews 10:19

19 Therefore, brothers and sisters, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, 20 by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, his body, 21 and since we have a great priest over the house of God, 22 let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. 23 Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. 24 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, 25 not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another —and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

Let's keep spurring each on towards both our Earthly and Eternal goals. All Glory in Him.

Let's go!!
  • projectxreborn
    Options
    1 Corinthians 6:19-20
    "Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you
    are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit; which are God's."