Calories Burned (Using a HRM)

Options
2»

Replies

• brookef81
    brookef81 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    What is ur average heart rate during these workouts? And do u have ur weight put in ur monitor? These ppl who are buring more, are they heavier than u are? Or are they in better shape? A lot of factors come into play with this.

My average heart rate is between 155-165 during TF which is in the anerobic level. (My resting HR is around 70-not sure if that is normal?) A HIIT will bring my HR up to 165-175 usually.

Yes, my weight is in my HRM as well.

Sometimes the people are WAY lighter and smaller than me, maybe in better shape? If you are in better shape, do you burn more calories?
  • klrmumbles
    klrmumbles Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I thought it was the opposite - the more in shape you are the *less* calories you burn? Your body has become more "efficient" it isn't working as hard as when you first started, etc.

Maybe others will chime in.
  • Cclancaster
    Cclancaster Posts: 368
    Options
    I thought it was the opposite - the more in shape you are the *less* calories you burn? Your body has become more "efficient" it isn't working as hard as when you first started, etc.

You are correct from what I have read the lighter and more in shape you are the harder it is to burn a lot of calories which is why I said it is possible I burn so many because I am cardiovascularily out of shape. I have to ask am I not supposed to let my heart rate get into the 180's that is pretty hard to do since all I am doing is pushing myself and my heart rate gets that high.
  • brookef81
    brookef81 Posts: 286 Member
    Options

You are correct from what I have read the lighter and more in shape you are the harder it is to burn a lot of calories which is why I said it is possible I burn so many because I am cardiovascularily out of shape. I have to ask am I not supposed to let my heart rate get into the 180's that is pretty hard to do since all I am doing is pushing myself and my heart rate gets that high.

Ok, so this makes sense, I also did some researching on the topic. I guess that this is good news? Am I really "in shape"??? That is a word that I have NEVER in my life have been able to use to describe myself....NSV?
  • babycakesjen
    Options
    I'm using a slimcoach with a coded polar belt
    Today on 45ez I burned 470
    This is my first week into it.
    Last week I did the prep week
  • babycakesjen
    Options
    Forgot to add
    I'm 5"5 133 lbs