Calorie intake

Options
I was prescribed Phentramine 37.5 to take everyother week by my doctor. He never really said how many calories I should consume a day. What are some of you consuming? Because I'm still eating 900-1200 a day easly:( and its my off week and I've only lost 5 lbs in two wks, 1 on Phentramine and 1 off!!

Replies

• angeldaae
    angeldaae Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    My doctor told me to eat 1,500 calories a day while on Phentermine. I have lost 16 pounds in about 12 weeks.
  • mamo1014
    mamo1014 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 50's, my doctor told me 1200 calories and at least 30 minutes of exercise. The first two weeks I did as I was told and lost 8 pounds....we won't discuss what I've done since...that's why I'm glad I found this team...I'm pumped and ready to lose again.
  • Jjw1125
    Jjw1125 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My wife and I have both been taking phentermine 37.5 daily now for the last two weeks. We both went to weigh in yesterday, and have lost an average of 15 lbs. so far. She was told to follow a 1000 cal. diet, and I a 1500 cal. diet. However, I know I have been having trouble getting 1000 in even due to all the exercise I do.
  • leenabeana1
    Options
    Now do you take them daily or bi weekly? I think my results wouldn'tbe better if I took them daily, on my off week I feel hungry and want to munch! I'm staying in my 1200 calorie goal a day, but its hard:( and I've gained 2 lbs back:'(
  • aydensmomma81
    Options
    I take it everyday- 1200 calorie diet or less!
  • Shannota
    Shannota Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    My doctor told me to eat 1200 calories a day. He didn't say anything about exercise, but that could be because I mentioned I've started C25K, so I am obviously exercising. I took my first dose this morning around 11 a.m. and have gotten a LOT of housework done. I am LOVING the energy. I don't think I have ever felt this good. Maybe with the extra energy, I can keep myself busy doing useful things so I do not boredom eat!
  • julslea
    julslea Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    My doctor tole me to eat 1200 calories but to do a lower carb diet. I have lost around 11 lbs in 3 weeks.
  • rmandato123
    Options
    The first time I used Phentermine, I saw a Diet Doctor my sister recommended after I had my son and gained 55lbs. He had a strict diet plan, with it, I lost 50lbs. Now, 2 children later, I am using phentermine to lose the weight again. I started this time around at 220, and am at 209 at the moment. I am seeing a general physician now, but she is only prescribing it for 30 days to kick start losing weight, which doens't make any sense to me, because I lost the weight while I was using the medicine last time, so I am trying to lose as much as I can in those 30 days before I see her again, then maybe I will be able to convince her that it is a good idea. I have high cholesterol, and was said that I am morbidly obese. I am adusting my diet as close to what I can remember from when I was seeing the diet doctor. When I was seeing the diet doctor, they would give the phentermine prescription, but also a B12 shot, my physician isn't doing that, so I am taking multi-vitamin, omega 369, B12 1000mg, B6, and Calcium. I only drink water, no caffine or sugary drinks, pure water. Vegetables as close to pure as you can get it, try not to season if you can with seasonings that add calories, Fruit, Lean Meats, Chicken Breast, Fish, things like that. I guess it is sort of an adkins kind of diet because you are supposed to take out a lot of carbs. If I need to cook meat, I cook it in a small bit of Extra virgin Olive Oil. Good luck with losing the weight you want to. I am hoping I will be back to my old self again soon. Wish me luck with this physician. If I would have to go back to the diet doctor again, it would be 30 dollars a week and who can afford that??
  • christineandgeno
    Options
    My doctor prescribed a diet with 1000 calories complete with nutrional guide. It is hard to eat as much as she wants me too, but im sure it will get easier as i progress. I am however drinking water like crazy because Im so thirsty.