How much have you lost with MFP?

Options
tashalizzie
tashalizzie Posts: 18 Member
I have flitted from diet to diet (weight watchers, slimming world etc) but have decided I really need to give MFP a go. Its so easy to type my food in and its free, I would be daft not to.

So, how much have you lost with MFP? And have you found it easy? Thanks x

Replies

• sixfootaliw
    Options
    I needed to lose about 60 pounds when I started and I'm down about 32 so far.

MFP works because it doesn't cut anything out of your diet, but makes you accountable for the more unhealthy stuff. What you eat becomes visible and you have to 'earn' the yummy treats!

That's what works for me anyway!
    Good luck
    Ali
  • sodaisy
    sodaisy Posts: 69
    Options
    I started MFP on 09/04 and today I reached my first 10 lbs loss !!!

I like MFP because I am more aware of portion control and how calorific some foods are, instead of avoiding those food I just simply eat less of them.

Also this is free!
  • bella7966
    bella7966 Posts: 49
    Options
    Hi i have lost 24 lb since april. Still have a lot more to go but felt more supported with this program and even better its free x
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    About a stone and a half! Very easy but slow. It's great as I can eat what I want and it just translates into the measurement on the scales! I've had to cut most of my booze habit, all fruit juice, most cheese, and my Chinese takeaway habit - but it hasn't been hard as there are other foods I love.
  • RajwaJ
    RajwaJ Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I started March 2011, lost 45lb using mfp in about 4 months plus maintained it for almost a year also using mfp. Back to losing again now and although its a bit harder the second time round I'm hoping for the same success.

Its not just the food and exercise diary that makes this work but the support you get from other MFP users.

Good luck with your own weight loss.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I've lost 38lbs to date. I did start in February, but I've had a lot of trips abroad in the intervening, which is not good for lifestyle changes. Aiming to lose 116lb overall
  • slim104
    slim104 Posts: 160
    Options
    I started again April 26th this year and have lost 48lbs already. I'm really enjoying it.
  • chocs_away
    chocs_away Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I've lost 31lbs, which is around 17% of my starting weight... still have a bit to go but really pleased with so far.

In some respects it has been difficult being much more concious of what I am eating, remembering to log and making sure I make the right choices so I don't go over... BUT it really does work so that gives me an incentive to keep logging and keep going and I haven't had to cut anything out, before when I tried to loose weight I just cut out all the snacks.. worked a few weeks then fell off the wagon really quickly.

MFP does really encourage me to do things like use a bit less oil, check the calories before I snack and eat smaller portions more often.. oh and go to the gym / swim so that I can have a treat :)
  • paulywoo
    paulywoo Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I've done most diets out there and can honestly say MFP is the best one I've tried. In the beginning I was addicted to high calorie foods and large portion sizes but this has all changed now. I've learnt to eat a lot healthier now and love the incentive to earn etra calories through exercise. I've lost 63lbs since January
    Paula x
  • tashalizzie
    tashalizzie Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Wow, you have all done so well and some really big losses. You have spurred me on to do better. Thank you. xx
  • Kara_xxx
    Kara_xxx Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I've only been here since 7th June, so 5 weeks for me.

My first weigh in was 172lb. I'm 5'6" but have a small frame (6" wrist circumference) so my extra 40lb which I piled on last year really shows. My normal weight is between 125lb and 130lb with a 26-28" waist.

I've lost 8lb in weight and 4" off my waist (from 37" to 33").

I made a few changes at the same time so it's hard to know what makes more of a difference than something else:

- I make sure the dog ALWAYS get's at least 2x30 mins walking a day, so I walk an hour every day
    - I went back to the gym for spin, weight training and I started running again
    - I eat fewer fast carbs (much less pasta, rice, bread) and more vegetables
    - I eat a lot more lean protein like chicken, fresh fish etc (1g for every pound of lean mass, so I try to pitch for 100g a day)
    - I bought a scale and weigh my portions (which was a BIG eye opener)
    - I made little changes like no longer looking for the nearest parking space, taking the stairs at work etc
    - our weekends have generally become more active, we drive someone nice and go hiking etc.

:flowerforyou:

In general I think the time it's taken me to pile it on is generally the time it'll take to come back off, so I hope to be close to normal again by Christmas.
  • karenknob
    karenknob Posts: 19
    Options
    This is the easiest plan i have been on, not only can you see exactly what calories you have eaten but you have friends encouraging you. I have lost 2 stone so far but im doing it slowly each week which is the best way to keep it off in the long run. Add me if you like. Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • Garf255
    Garf255 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I started on MFP at the back end of May, so been on around 7 and a half weeks and am finding it really addictive and a great way of sticking to a plan.

I started at 194lbs and have lost 9 lbs so far so now at 185lbs and looking to get to around 170-175lbs.

I've really been watching what I eat to make sure I have the right amount of calories, I wouldn't say I have been too good at making sure I eat the right types of food.

I've been bitten by the cycling bug since I got a Turbo Trainer for my mountain bike. Its perfect for me as I work from my home office when not travelling and means I can have 45 minutes of cycling over lunch time. At weekends I try and get outside on the bike.

I don't think I look any different but I would definitely say that I feel a lot better.

:smile:
  • ATOLLIT
    ATOLLIT Posts: 149
    Options
    Heya! I've been on here about 3 months now and lost nearly a stone, which I am honestly pretty impressed with. I started off a bit half-heartedly , filling everything in but not actually expecting to see so much difference. And it's not really any extra effort, with the app I can just fill it in while dinner is cooking or I'm waiting for the kettle to boil for my 95th cup of tea of the day.... etc etc :bigsmile:

Even if I get bored of actually filling it in every day, which I think I might well do when I have lost as much as I'm aiming for, it's given me a lot of insight into how many calories are actually in what I eat, and to how big my portions actually are - 75-100g of pasta looks a lot less when you actually weigh it than when you estimate what looks like a "normal" portion size! :laugh:
  • kiekie
    kiekie Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I've been using MFP properly for just over a year and had lost 25lbs (but gained 2 on a week off!) so 23lbs in total now. 155 to 132. I'm 5'6" and ultimately hope to get down to 125 (only 6.4lb away!), but more than anything I want to reduce my body fat % as it makes me look 20-30lb heavier than I actually am.

I love the accountability of logging food and the barcode scanning app makes it so easy. It made me so much more aware of what I was eating. I thought I'd be taking in around 1800 cals a day and it was actually 2500! No wonder nothing was happening!

Having all the calorie math already there when you input your stats is great, and logging throughout the day lets me know if I should have a lighter dinner or fit in some more exercise to keep on track for a loss. I LOVE MFP!

Recently I've started using the community forum to find friends doing the same exercise programme as me, and seeing their daily food and exercise news pop up in my feed really inspires me to keep up! Seriously, I hang out here more than Facebook these days!
  • ipiddock
    ipiddock Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I started on 12th May. Complete my 11th week today of my fitness program using MFP. Weigh-in tomorrow morning but up to now I have lost 30lbs. Gone from a 34" + waste to 31". Log everything that goes in my mouth and burn around 3500 calories a week swimming. Just started a weights routine now for some toning. All my friends ask 'how?' I tell them about MFP and they all say the same thing "Can't be bothered with all that calorie counting". MFP has made it easy to count calories and exercise, i don't find it a chore in the least.
  • ketchup38
    ketchup38 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 7 pounds over 6 weeks, another 35 to go!. After extreme low-carb dieting, hitting a stall then returning back to my original weight in a matter of weeks.
    MFP has been a godsend! It's great to be able to eat anything I want, with no restrictions!! Having that cookie and not feeling so guilty, so lost and so confused about where to start from or how to re-start the low-carb WOE.
    With the vast database,barcode scanner and friend support, calories counting is such a breeze!
    The freedom is so refreshing, the ease unbelievable and the awareness of the calorie density of certain foods staggering!
    If I could stick to low -carb for 18months. MFP will be a breeze for me.
  • 3319jane
    3319jane Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I've been here since mid January and lost 47lbs as of today. I have gone from a size 28 to 18/20 and all my biggest clothes are long gone - I am not going back! It has been fairly slow but I am determined to keep going.

I have been on lots of 'diets' over the years but this is the longest I have stuck to anything like a healthy eating regime and I find it so easy compared to SW/WW etc. I generally pre-log my days if I can and find that this encourages me to make better choices and stay within my calories - even if it means doing more exercise!

I also love the feeling of 'earning' more calories through exercise - it makes that early morning swim worth while :)

Good luck everyone, Jx
  • extracuddley
    Options
    I hve lost 22 Ib since starting this and OMG its so easy! Like everyone on here, I have tried every diet going since I was told at 17 that I needed to lose a little weight of my perfect legs......the jo jo diets began! my heaviest I got to 26 and half stone. I am now 19.5.... I had a gastric band which worked for a bit but unfortunately my head wasn;t in the right place and so I ended up putting on 4 stone.... I lost some before joining MFP... now I am loving every second because it is soooo easy and I can eatanything I want as long as i count it!

I am an Entertainer, I perform all over the country singing....I also give singing lessons whcih I enjoy. I don't count the jumping around the stage and sweating for an hour...but I do when I take the dog for a walk.

Good luck with your journey. XX
  • tempest501
    tempest501 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I have lost 15 pounds so far and MFP counter really helps its awesome!!