Update on Emma. Please keep praying.

Options
deb_jones
deb_jones Posts: 48 Member
From her dad:
Good morning..Thank You everyone for your thoughts, prayers and concerns. Update on Emma; she is still here in ICU. She's continuing to improve, it is slow going. She met criteria to step down to the peds ward, but O2 sats being low and unstable and not fully understanding the cause or triggers keeps her in an ICU bed. She also remains on isolation precaution. The labs are still out, diagnosis undetermined-environmental hazard vs allergens vs a lung disease process; although some certain severe pneumonias have been ruled out. The thought is a deep lower respiratory infection. She's finally got a great appetite but I think that is the large doses of IV prednisone/steroids. She keeps asking when we're having big lobsters again like in Portland and with Jeff Casey and Christine. She is also receiving increased IV antibiotics while we wait as lab results come in. These first few days have been so difficult. The concern is still the possible lung damage that may have ocurred. She still has a long road ahead and possibly a long recovery. She is a brave little girl and keeps fighting. The TAMC PICU Staff and specialty care teams have been phenominal. Wendy from Child Life Services is Emma's new best friend. The connection here is bad at best and with all that has been going on, my posts had been short. I'm sorry if I haven't returned a call, but we've been updating Erin's mom Colette and Aunt Celeste as often as possible. Thanks again for keeping Emma in your thoughts and prayers.

Replies

• xmasjunky
    xmasjunky Posts: 11
    Options
    Lord, we lift up young Emma to you and know how you love your little ones. Our lives and days are in your hands, Lord. We pray for comfort and your healing presence in Emma's life and her parents. Thank you, Lord, for your provision. Make Your presence known. Amen
  • deb_jones
    deb_jones Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Emma has been upgraded to the PEDS ward. Still no answers though.