GRRRR

Options
lorib75
lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
Do you ever get annoyed by people who don't have MS or any other chronic condition saying how tired they are? REALLY? YOU"RE tired? OK....
It's like I just want to tell them to take a day in my life and then come back and tell me just how tired you really are. SHEESH!
Sorry, this has been a pet peeve of mine for a long time.
:ohwell:

Replies

• goncountry
    goncountry Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    There is no way for people to understand the type of fatigue we have unless they have the disease. I had no idea, for sure. I didn't even know what MS was really until five years ago.

It does get frustrating sometimes because I have to nap after work when others can just go, go, go all day. I think I finally have the best grip on my fatigue through diet and also medication.

Are you taking anything for fatigue?

I totally understand what you are saying though. It's all about awareness. I am glad MS is getting some awareness recently in the media so that more people understand what the disease is all about. It's one of the "but you don't look sick" diseases for sure! I would share your experiences with some of these people. Some of my friends know that I have to take medication for fatigue, the same stuff truck drivers take to stay awake all night. My boss knows that occasionally, a couple of times a year, I need to go home and crash or I can't function. Talking about it to those you trust is crucial. I don't advertise my disease, but I do have main core of friends and coworkers that I talk about it with every now and then. It helps!
  • AshleyRKnutson
    AshleyRKnutson Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    :noway:

Vent away!!!!! I'm sorry honey.
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    What are you taking for fatigue? Just curious. I have thought about asking my dr about B12 injections.
  • goncountry
    goncountry Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I was taking provigil for fatigue. It is very expensive though, even insurance, so this summer, my doctor asked me to try adderral to see if it helps. I think it will help, but I need to tell him Monday when I go that I need a higher dosage for work.

Is your B12 low?
  • DsAdvocate
    DsAdvocate Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    My b12 tests perfectly normal. Decided to get the injections anyways. Huge difference. Give them a try and see, don't go by what the blood test says as it may not be correct for you.