bad skin

Options
Hi there, iv'e been Gluten Free for a few months now. Iv'e had the odd slip. My main problem is, iv'e come out in small bumps on my arms and now my legs. Has anyone else had this, or know what it could be.

Replies

• restoreleanne
    restoreleanne Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I had that before I found out that I celiacs. it went away after i stoped eating gluten.
  • lornaheron
    lornaheron Posts: 72
    Options
    I wonder if it's from when i had a slip up. It's not as bad as it was.
  • lesliev523
    lesliev523 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    It is most likely dermatitis herpetiformis.... which is the skin reaction to Celiac Disease. If you go to http://www.celiac.com you can find all kinds of information on it!

Good luck!
  • lornaheron
    lornaheron Posts: 72
    Options
    Thanks , i'll have a look. :)
  • dovek11
    dovek11 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    lornaheron, if you find the answer, could you share, please?

I also have developed the bumps on the back of my arms. I have NOT had a slip up, and have been GF 6 months. This is new and didn't happen before going GF.

Thanks
  • hermione_ar
    hermione_ar Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    For me that was essential fatty acid deficiency, my natropath suggested eating sunflower seeds and that fixed it within a month - 1T a day. :)
  • dovek11
    dovek11 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Sunflower seeds? Really? I can do that! THANKS. I will give it a try!!!
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    If that doesn't work, you might want to get your B2, B12 and D vitamins increased. I know that sometimes bumps like that could be caused by yeast in the bloodstream. I've had it happen before. I know that I have to make sure I dry certain areas carefully or I will find myself with a rash of that sort. I would recommend a mild soap and keep the area dry. I've also gotten zinc cream (like baby stuff) and have put it on the area. It helps it heal faster.

Um. You don't work around aquariums do you? If yes, go get it checked by the doc. There are some bump like puss filled rashes that can occur from working with your arms inside a fish tank. Weird, eh?

Monica
  • jus_in_bello
    jus_in_bello Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Sunflower seeds? Really? I can do that! THANKS. I will give it a try!!!

Make sure your sunflower seeds are GF! Often they aren't if they're seasoned, so check for that!