Four Days Post Op - The journey begins

Options
crosa527
crosa527 Posts: 35 Member
Hi All,

I was grateful to see that there was a group out here specific to us VSG people. I had surgery on June 12th and am feeling really well, all things considered. I have not told many people what I had done. While my surgeon was in there he also found a hiatal hernia and fixed that too, so I'm telling most that I had hernia surgery.

I have a lot of faith and, without going into a rather long story, got a sign from God that I was meant to do this. I know that He had a hand in it because the first infomational meeting I attended was April 29, 2012 and the surgery was done on June 12, 2012... only about 6 weeks to get in all those doctor visits!

Through this process, I have been blessed with very good health, considering I had a BMI of 47. But, they did find that hernia, and also that I have sleep apnea.

I got the CPAP machine the night before surgery and am having a really hard time wearing it now that I am home. I'm hoping that I'll be feeling more up to it, but it is so darn uncomfortable and I am a side sleeper, which pushes the mask off my face...

Anyhow, I wanted to introduce myself to the group. I lost 13 pounds pre-op, and 5 more since. I would love to be MFP 'Friends' with any of my fellow sleevers, just send a request, and would love to hear about what life is like post-op.

Oh, I also have a wedding to go to on June 30th (18 days post-op) anyone think I might be able to eat something? Mashed potatoes, perhaps?

Christine

Replies

• jadelise55
    jadelise55 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Christine,
    I was sleeved on 6/26/12 and would be happy to have you as a friend! We are both June sleevers!