Does this work?

Options
I'm thinking of buying this book and trying this plan? Does it work? I have been successful on South Beach before, but I usually end up "falling off the wagon" and eating carbs. Any advice?

Thanks,
Lisa

Replies

• luis1984
    luis1984 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Lisa,

I get what you are saying, I started with my own version of the adkins. I was initially 238 lbs on April, I decided to get rid of almost 60 extra lbs of weight that I accumulated since i left the military. As I was saying, I lost the first 18lbs on my own version of th adkins but my doctor adviced me that if I was to continue doing that, I will have clogged arteries because of the amounts of butter and greasy meat I was eating. I was also tired of not eating carbs. Then I attemped other low carb diets and it does work but it i impssible to do any exercise while in a very low carb diet because you have any energy.

In my search for success, I just happend to watch Chris Powell show anI decided to research everything I can about him and I came accross his book last month. I was skeptycal about having to eat carbs to loose weight when evrybody else says carbs are the main reason you gain weight. I decided to buy the book and give it try. I started two weeks ago and at the end of the first week i lost almost 4 lbs, i was happy that for the first time something actually worked that well on me. However, on week two I only lost half of a pound and i was disappointed. I do remember on the book Chris metions that some pople see results right away and for some others it takes some time, but if that was true then why did I lose 4lbs the first week and almost none the second one? I am assuming my body is transitioning and eventually it will pick up the pace on weight loss.
  • Sweetsys
    Sweetsys Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Lisa, I've only been on this a week, but lost 5 pounds. Had my cheat day Sunday and I gained a little. Scared me to death, but today I'm down to the 5.2 lb mark again. Looks like something I can live with.