Questions for you mommas that are steadily loosing weight:
1)how many calories are you actually eating
2) how many calories are you burning through exercise
3) how old is your baby that you are nursing

Replies

• 80lbslost
    80lbslost Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I am EBF my 3 month old and I eat 2000/day and subtract 500 calories for BF. If I exercise I eat back my calories burned. Right now my only exercise is taking walks with baby which doesn't burn a lot of calories but I'm going to get back to using my eliptical 30 min/day.
  • sabgoe
    sabgoe Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    1) I am usually eating 1800-2000 healthy calories a day.

2) i walk a lot pushing the stroller, carrying the baby, etc. I also play at the park with the boys, go to the pool with them, etc. Not sure how many calories that all adds up to. Usually, I do not log more than 200 calories a day for exercise.

3) My baby is 5 months old. I am still nursing exclusively, no pumping, no solids yet.

I have lost almost 40 pounds in 4 months, so I am sticking with what I am doing. :)
  • JennsRAQ
    JennsRAQ Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Between 1800-22200 usually. Baby is 3 months and I've slacked on exercise...but I would eat those cals back if I earned them!
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    1)how many calories are you actually eating? I usually eat somewhere in the 1000-1200 range
    2) how many calories are you burning through exercise? I burn 400-500 through breat feeding and betwen 400-600 on light workout days and 700-800 on hvy workout days.
    3) how old is your baby that you are nursing? My son is 10 months old and nurses 6 x a day (on average)
  • smartblonde529
    smartblonde529 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    OK thanks ladies that helps! I'm very active and workout a good bit so I'm wondering if I am not eating enough. I lost over 50lbs while nursing my son, but this time around I'm stuck. MFP says I need 1200 calories as a regular nonnursing individual and since my daughter eats 3 meals a day and usually only nurses 4-5 times I have just been adding 300 calories so I'm eating 1500 a day. I have not been eating hardly any of my exercise calories which usually range from 500-800. I have measured myself and found I'm loosing inches, just not pounds.
  • JennsRAQ
    JennsRAQ Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    your net calories should ALWAYS be at least 1200, especially while nursing! Fuel your machines, ladies! :)

I've lost over 27 pounds in 3 months this way (weighed when I got home from the hospital, so that's not including the 16+ pounds I lost the first 3 days after he was born). :) This has been great for us because my milk supply has not suffered at all (and if I felt it dip, I enjoyed a bowl of oatmeal to help boost it back). If I feel like eating a few extra hundred calories, I do it, because that usually closely correlates with a growth spurt.
  • Kelly051282
    Options
    I have my calories set to 2000, but am eating around 2200.
    I haven't really gotten back into working out yet, but I start back at my boot camp workouts next week which burn b/w 500-700 calories.
    My baby is 10 weeks old and I'm nursing 7-10 times a day.
  • smartblonde529
    smartblonde529 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I went back and looked at my net calories on the days I was exercising a lot and they were way below 1200 which I think was a major problem. I'm stuck not exercising right now as I just had knee surgery, but I'm pretty sure I was not eating enough when working out. It's so hard to see those calories go up sometimes, but I'm trying to make sure that I eat plenty of healthy calories instead of empty ones. Thanks for the input ladies!!!!
  • QuinaultLake
    Options
    I try very hard to consume 2000 calories a day. It is very hard for me to eat that much, normally it is closer to 1800

I burn about 500 calories a day breastfeeding 12x a day, and another 500 or so calories a day with exercise.

My son is 5 months old in actual age.

I started off overweight. I always lose all the baby weight by 6 weeks postpartum. Then I start to gain steadily because my body goes into starvation mode. I am going to try very hard to consume enough calories each day this time. It was REALLY hard when I tandem nursed #3 and #4 as a single mom while my husband was deployed. I think I was consuming closer to 1,000 or less calories a day then.
  • amyfromky
    Options
    I'm eating 2000 calories a day.
    I haven't really been working out at all.
    My 5.5 month old is EBF (bites of food here and there) and still nurses 8-12 times a day.
  • 80lbslost
    80lbslost Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm eating 2000 calories a day.
    I haven't really been working out at all.
    My 5.5 month old is EBF (bites of food here and there) and still nurses 8-12 times a day.

I'm in the same boat. I want to exercise more for my own sanity. I feel better when I do!