Getting burned out

Options
sarah692
sarah692 Posts: 136 Member
I'm almost finished with my fourth week of TF and I'm starting to feel burned out. The only workouts I really enjoy are the HIITs and there aren't any in month two. I don't consider myself to be very fit so I'm wondering if 6 workout days a week is too much for me or something. Did anyone else get burned out after their first month, and if so how did you address it? I want to actually finish something for once, but I don't feel like I have the energy or the spirit for TF and I'm not sure what to do.

Replies

• priepen
    priepen Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I think you may find you will have more energy just doing the regular workouts next month with no HIITS. I think the HIITS are a lot more strenous then we realize since they are so high intensity and your are working anerobically not aerobically and if you are out of shape it can take a lot out of you. I think you should stick with it and try the week woth no HIITS and see how you feel and then address your workouts from there. If you find you are burnt out you may need to cut back or try something different if you are not enjoying your workouts then you will not be giving it your all and getting the most out of the workouts. The end result could be not working out at all and we don't want that we want you to keep moving no matter what you decide to do.
  • sarah692
    Options
    Thanks for the reply! I hadn't considered that and you may be right. I was also considering skipping month two and doing month three in it's place, and the advanced HIIT month as my third month. But if your theory is correct then that would be an awful idea. I'll see how I feel after week 5 like you suggested. :)
  • Chryskk
    Chryskk Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    The nice thing about month two is that it (finally) includes 3 days of strength training in the Tone, Sculpt, and Core workouts and you'll still burn a ton of calories!
  • brookef81
    brookef81 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I hate to say it but the key words that you said are..."The only workouts I enjoy doing are the HIITS" If you don't look forward to your workout, you are most likely not going to want to do them. As Chalene says, your "energy" is in your head. I know that sounds crazy, but I get amped up when I do my TF workouts and I am excited to do them. It is a workout that I enjoy.

My advice, if you like the HIIT workouts and enjoy them, then do the HIITs and incorporate some other hardcore cardio that you LOVE every other day. You want to work out, not have it be a chore :)
  • beckkotsch
    beckkotsch Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I feel like I get burned out with TF frequently as well. I love the workouts but some days it's hard for me to get pumped to do the 45-60 minute workouts. It's hard for me to keep my kids away from me for that long! ;) I'm gonna try to wake up earlier on days I have the long workouts and see if that helps. I also do what Brooke suggested. If you don't like the workout that is scheduled then do one you want to do. I know ideally we should all be doing it as Chalene has it written but doing something rather than nothing (or half assing a workout) is the next best thing.
  • sarah692
    Options
    Thank you all for your input! I think my biggest issue is doing a 45 or 55 minute cardio workout is just intimidating for me. I can get through Fire 30 fine, but I just dread having to do pure cardio for any longer than that. Sometimes it's fun, a lot of the time it isn't. I'm definitely going to keep doing the HIITs, probably 3 times a week... now I just have to find something else to do for 3 other days. Maybe Fire 30 and some of the 30 minute Turbo Jam videos. We'll see. :)
  • brookef81
    brookef81 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your input! I think my biggest issue is doing a 45 or 55 minute cardio workout is just intimidating for me. I can get through Fire 30 fine, but I just dread having to do pure cardio for any longer than that. Sometimes it's fun, a lot of the time it isn't. I'm definitely going to keep doing the HIITs, probably 3 times a week... now I just have to find something else to do for 3 other days. Maybe Fire 30 and some of the 30 minute Turbo Jam videos. We'll see. :)

Great idea :) The major thing is that you need to love your exercise or it will never work out :) Good luck!

P.S. Turbo Fire 45 is a LOT of fun! The last routine is great!