My prayer for weight loss.

Options
Father, thank you for the food you provide, and the many different varieties,
Thank you for the wonder of each fresh peach, each apple, each grapefruit each orange, each strawberry!
Thank you for the beauty of lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, green peppers, radishes and onions. Thank you for their crispness and their satisfying flavor.
Thank you for chicken and fish, dear Lord, and for the goodness they contain.
Thank you for keeping me this day from eating the things I should not eat, and thank you for teaching me to love the things I should eat.
Thank you for the reminder of the Holy Spirit THIS DAY when I am tempted to eat what I should not.
I give you praise, Father, for what you’re doing for me today.

Replies

• Stardiva37
    Stardiva37 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    father,I thank you for waking me up to be able to walk and eat a meal that will sustain me all day..I am blessed and appreicate you so much amen
  • QUEENPINKSPARKLEPARADISEBOUND
    Options
    so beautiful yes the Lord provides everything we need.. He is our Father.. in HIs time He makes all things beautiful.. thats scripture:drinker:
  • CCSmithers
    CCSmithers Posts: 11
    Options
    Lord, give me strength today to live for You in all I do, to be completely surrendered to You today and everyday.
  • CCSmithers
    CCSmithers Posts: 11
    Options
    Thank you, Redder! This is beautiful. We do need to be thankful for all the Lord provides through nature for us to eat. We are so blessed. The part the says, "Thank you for keeping me this day from eating the things I should not eat, and thank you for teaching me to love the things I should eat." is what I need help with. As well as being sensitive to the Holy Spirit, and obedient to His reminders.
    Father, thank you for the food you provide, and the many different varieties,
    Thank you for the wonder of each fresh peach, each apple, each grapefruit each orange, each strawberry!
    Thank you for the beauty of lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, green peppers, radishes and onions. Thank you for their crispness and their satisfying flavor.
    Thank you for chicken and fish, dear Lord, and for the goodness they contain.
    Thank you for keeping me this day from eating the things I should not eat, and thank you for teaching me to love the things I should eat.
    Thank you for the reminder of the Holy Spirit THIS DAY when I am tempted to eat what I should not.
    I give you praise, Father, for what you’re doing for me today.
  • casullivan1129
    Options
    What a beautiful prayer and reminder of the true goodness of the Lord, even when we don't deserve it. I thank God for your tenderness of heart and spirit to be so in tune to what He graciously provides for us. May God's blessings in your life be abundant and continue to minister a spirit of true gratitude for Him and all He does for us.
  • casullivan1129
    Options
    Amen! In His time, not mine :o)