Dating Sites?

Options
SnakeDarling
SnakeDarling Posts: 352 Member
Which do you use if you use any?
Also, how has your experience been with certain ones.

Give us all the juicy details c:

Replies

• neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I use

Match.com
    Plentyoffish.com
    okcupid.com

Match is stupid. Bunch of stuck up *****es there.

Plenty of Fish is pretty good, but lots of weirdos. So, if you can weed them out, there's some cool people there.

I've been on OK Cupid for a while, and nothing but a few online conversations back and forth. But, haven't met anyone yet.

I don't date a lot though because I'm a little picky. It's not that I'm picky about looks, it's more that I'm picky about people I hang out with. If I get someone that's a weirdo, I'm just really really bad with handling that whoel situation. Like, I'm not even nice, I'll just get up and leave. So, I weed them out big time. I've lost some ladies because they say I take too long. But, 1) I don't see what the big hurry is, 2) liek I said, if they are weird, it's going to be a bad scene because I don't do well with bull**** like that, and 3) I want to build up something slowly and get to know them. I have noticed that it's nice when you finally meet them, and you have things to discuss because you've already messaged and talked a lot so you have some info to have some good conversation rather than going in cold.

I think I could date a lot more if I'd just be more open and just meet with anyone and move fast. But, that's just not my style. I hate dating and I hate meeting new people. There's no part of it I enjoy, so I have to be picky with who I am going to spend my valuable time with.

Ha, ha. Anyways, that's my story.
  • MickeyGeorge
    MickeyGeorge Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Certainly not a lot of activity on this thread. Maybe I can resurrect it and some of the single gals can give this single guy some tips.

I'm currently on Match.com and OKCupid. They're both fairly good for what they offer, but my experience is that most of the time I'm talking to a black hole. Messages go out but none come back. I scratch my head as to why this is. Maybe there's something in my profile scaring people away, but I don't think so. Maybe I'm just unattractive, but I'm not sure that's the case either.

I live in a pretty small community and the larger urban areas are about an hour away. It could be that there just aren't that many people near me and the rest don't want to date that far from home. Any thoughts out there?

I've tried other sites and here's my opinion of those.

Plenty Of Fish - Okay, a lot of people and a lot of fakes and spammers.
    Chemistry.com - Meh, didn't do much for me. I don't think I talked to anyone on there ever.
    Zoosk.com - I really didn't like this one.
    SpeedDate - Interesting concept, but I didn't find quality people near me.
  • seattlern
    seattlern Posts: 19
    Options
    I finally gave up on dating sites. I agree that POF is full of psychos and almost everyone there is looking for a casual encounter. OK cupid is a waste of time. I don't know what it is about that site, but I find everyone I've chatted with ended up being sort of flakey when it came time to actually meet. I was rejected by e-harmony (twice) so I couldn't tell ya what's going on there. I'll stick to cruising the grocery store. lol
  • shannajojo
    shannajojo Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm on E-Harmony and no luck.
  • lesliev523
    lesliev523 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I did Match.com - not great, I don't think I had any dates from it.....
    plentyoffish.com -- LOSERS

Years ago I did the yahoo personals... that was a disaster too.

I really wish I could meet SOMEONE! LOL! With my schedule it is hard to just go out and meet people... online would be so great, if it just worked!
  • butterflylady86
    butterflylady86 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I'm trying Ourtime for people over 50. It not like the commercials on TV. They are all on the take our money trip. And you end up alone. But everyone says when you stop looking he will find you. I say okay probably after I lose all the weight. So until then I look but will remain single. So many men want a Friend with benifits now adays. Why? The whole thing bugs me to no end. Peace :smile:
  • twilightlvr79
    twilightlvr79 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I have used plentyoffish.com. I have had several responses but the problem I keep running in to and so do some of ,my friends that are on their as well is that the guys we have talked to start out seeming like they are all in to you and calling you and texting you and then they just completely disappear.
  • x_benzie_x
    Options
    Ok cupid - Was ok

GeektoGeek, unless you wanna pay for it pretty basic but I did find a date.

Badoo, Pretty much horny folks looking for hook ups.

I am pretty much over the online dating but when you don't go out what else can you do? If I were to try it again I would try POF.
  • butterflylady86
    butterflylady86 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Hello I use Zoosk and Our time dating.