Replies

• jimmie25
    jimmie25 Posts: 266
    Options
    All sorts of Kinder chocolate bars and cakes :D
  • angelah55
    angelah55 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Being able to eat anywhere, if you are out and get delayed, having to be so careful if you need food, and meals out. usually only the one thing on the menu you can have, jacket potato and salad, and having to explain about g/f
    Angela
  • cersela
    cersela Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Crusty fluffy french bread, and Lambics. Of course now all I can think about is eating an overstuffed Poboy with a Framboise to drink.
  • myownadvice
    myownadvice Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Crusty fluffy french bread.

This^^^ for sure.

I would say pizza but we actually have a few places in San Diego that have great GF pizza. Mountain Mike's "Slayer" is AWESOME!
    There are also a few chains that have decent GF pizza now, BJ's Brewhouse (and they have GF beer) and Sammy's Woodfired Pizza.

*Disclaimer-I am gluten-intolerant and may not be as sensitive as some to cross-contamination.
  • jus_in_bello
    jus_in_bello Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Real bread. Baguettes. Italian bread. Sourdough. GF bread just isn't the same.

Same definitely! I've found great gluten free pitta breads and some rolls that are pretty good, but it's just not the same!

P.S. does anyone else find the smell of gluten bread is unpleasant since going GF? I find it smells kind of acidic now.

I've noticed it too, it also makes me nauseous.

I miss fried chicken, KFC style, which is odd because I've had fried chicken maybe 5x in the 21 years I was alive before going GF and as soon as I was GF I would get insane cravings for it, I've managed to create a recipe for GF fried chicken but it's not as breaded/crunchy as KFC...*sigh*
  • staceybrewer
    staceybrewer Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Try Against the Grain Pizza. I am a pizza fanatic and it fits the bill!
  • jus_in_bello
    jus_in_bello Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Try Against the Grain Pizza. I am a pizza fanatic and it fits the bill!

This is an excellent suggestion, it is also super expensive...
  • ozlo937
    ozlo937 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My top three are Subway sandwiches, pizza that is cheap and not over priced, and anything from Dunkin' Donuts.
  • GLUTENFREEISME
    Options
    Hello, everyone! I just found you and I've never done boards, blogs, etc. so I hope I learn the culture and process quickly. I really miss eating at family reunions, wedding receptions, church potlucks, etc. I especially hate it when I can't share someone's birthday cake with them...
  • HoundDown
    Options
    I miss eating subway sandwiches! I get salads from there now, but I wish their bread was gluten free... I'd run them out of business :)
  • fitnhealthykaren
    Options
    Of course I miss good 'ol pizza and beer. Gluten free versions just don't quite measure up.
    Also deli sandwiches on a nice sourdough roll (The Beach Hut Deli has the best sammies). My family recently went there and I had to have turkey on a lettuce leaf, bleh!
    Oh and now that I'm talking about bread, I'd love to be able to have my grandma's cheesy garlic bread.
    Waaaahhhhhh
  • azmusicgirl
    Options
    The freedom to eat wherever and not worry. It's frustrating at times to have everyone around me have to cater to where I can eat all the time.
  • luvtabasco
    luvtabasco Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Had a dream last night that i was chasing down a young boy with a basket of bread. He was
    running away from me, i finally caught him and got the bread and scarfed several pieces of
    fresh french bread. It was awesome! I guess i miss the fresh bread! :)
  • GLUTENFREEISME
    Options
    I feel that way too! Especially when I have to quiz the wait staff and ask for special accommodations from the kitchen/chef...even if they offer a gluten free menu - I never trust that either the wait person has been trained or that maybe someone new is in the kitchen and they might be clueless.
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Real bread. Baguettes. Italian bread. Sourdough. GF bread just isn't the same.

Same definitely! I've found great gluten free pitta breads and some rolls that are pretty good, but it's just not the same!

[/quote

Bread, for sure. Udi's is good, but nothing is as good rye bread!
  • Tracey2618
    Tracey2618 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I hate the smell of regular bread now, too. Especially grocery store white bread. I tell me kids to run through that isle as well as the stinky laundry soap isle!
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Oh no! I just remembered that Panera makes a Bacon Souffle that is to die for! I hadn't thought about that till right now. Sigh. I'm seriously going to miss that one.
  • lesliev523
    lesliev523 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Pizza...

I was really excited to see gluten free pizza available from my favorite pizza place.... but then I had it, and although it was AMAZING.... I was just as sick eating that as I would have been eating the regular stuff.

I can't even have gluten free substitutes!