Grand Rapids Color Run

Options
skierxjes
skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
I see there's another thread just about the Color Run in general and people were discussing the Ann Arbor Color run.
I figured I would make a thread just for the one in GR on August 5th. :)

Today is the last day to reg for $40, goes up to $45 tomorrow thru June 1, and keeps going up from there.
http://thecolorrun.com/grandrapids/

I registered today and am doing it with a friend from school but would really like to maybe meet up with some other people that are doing it! I love meeting fellow MFPers! Feel free to add me! :)

Replies

• superdrive0
    superdrive0 Posts: 14
    Options
    I am signed up for it, as well as a bunch of my friends and family! It looks like so much fun, I am excited!
  • MIgirl37
    MIgirl37 Posts: 4
    Options
    I am also doing the Color Run on August 5th. This will be my second 5K and I am really looking forward to it!!!
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    you guys will have SO MUCH fun! I just did the one in Columbus and it's easily the most fun I've had in a race!
  • GypsyWillow22
    GypsyWillow22 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I wish I could! I won't be in town. But I'm training for the Bridge Run, is anyone else?
  • skierxjes
    Options
    I'm doing it alone now.. My friend ditched out on me. So check the back of the pack, you won't miss me! :p
  • jens_journey
    jens_journey Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My daughter and I are doing the Grand Rapids Color Run! Looks like a lot of silly fun:) I am no a runner at all but I sure can walk fast!
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Guys don't worry, if it's anything like the one I did, even the serious runners don't run all of it lol....there was a LARGE amount of walkers, and EVERYONE got backed up at the color stations (my friends and I were intent on getting super colorful so we waited for the inside haha)
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    The one in Ann Arbor was a blast! The above poster is right, it's a morning of fun and color so even the serious runners are not too serious lol:) Have fun!
  • ChelleDJM
    ChelleDJM Posts: 161
    Options
    I think this looks so fun and SO wish I could do it. I am in GR, but I have such bad plantar faciitis that I can't be on my feet for too long or I can't walk for days. I am already recruiting people to join me for next year. I better be recovered by then. Have a great time!!!
  • skierxjes
    Options
    Does anyone wanna meet up tomorrow? :)
  • neh310
    neh310 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I did the GR color run and it was so much fun! My group walked it and everyone had a great time. I will do it again in the future, and maybe run it next time?
  • jens_journey
    jens_journey Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Had a blast at the Grand Rapids Color Run... Will definately do it again next year. Didn't hear much about it in the news before hand however I am betting next year it will double in attendance.
  • skierxjes
    Options
    Had a blast at the Grand Rapids Color Run... Will definately do it again next year. Didn't hear much about it in the news before hand however I am betting next year it will double in attendance.

It was sold out, they cut it off at 10,000 entrants.

I, too, had a blast and will be back next year!