Lose weight, gain muscle

Options
Is it possible to lose weight and gain muscle at the same time? Should I still consume more calories than I normally would?

Replies

• chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    If you are:
    A: beginner to lifting
    B: have previously trained and have muscle memory
    C: are on steroids.

If none of the above, then pick a goal either to lose fat or gain muscle and base you're calorie/macro goals off that.
  • smilesformiles88
    smilesformiles88 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have previously trained and I have a bit of muscle right now. I just want to be more toned.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Heavy lifting, moderate cal deficit & adequate protein is what you are after then :smile:
  • Goal_Line
    Goal_Line Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Heavy lifting, moderate cal deficit & adequate protein is what you are after then :smile:

I second that.
  • Wpbarr
    Wpbarr Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    The answer is yes. Lift for strength and skip the aerobics and don't worry, you won't bulk up, you are a woman, Only us XY's get bulky, you'll get sleek.
  • 2getgeorge
    2getgeorge Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    yes, i've been losing weight and body fat and gaining muscle mass. but in my experience it will see-saw. I have a scale that measures all three stats and more. some weigh-ins I will drop lbs and bf and gain mm. other times I will drop lbs and mm but gain bf.and other times I will gain lbs and mm and lose bf.
    Adjust your protein intake according to your weight (.75g-1.5g, per lbs) and set fat intake to 20%-30% your carbos will be remaining %.
    Workout hard, maintain your focus and burn those calories!!
  • smilesformiles88
    smilesformiles88 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks! :happy:
  • slimlifter
    slimlifter Posts: 61 Member
    Options

This
  • slimlifter
    slimlifter Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    PS
    Who gives a **** what the scales say, when we all know that muscle is more dense then fat?!
    Put your scales away, stop worrying about weight & focus on changing the LOOK and composition of your body.
    I weigh 5kgs more than when I was skinny & weak, and I am the same dress size and look way better.
    **** the scales.