The Lemon Cleanse Diet

Options
Hello group-mates!

I have been wanting to detox my body for quite some time now and I have also been wanting to shed few pounds, in the belly mostly. I am considering doing this diet/cleanse to kill 2 birds with one stone. Can anyone shear there experiences, thoughts, knowledge, etc. regarding this cleanse/diet?

Thank you

For complete info on the cleanse go to
http://lemoncleanse.org/

Replies

• dandan1974
    dandan1974 Posts: 15
    Options
    I did it. It's gross and didn't do anything but make me feel weak. The best way to "cleanse" is by clean eating. Check out thegraciouspantry.com or search paleo eating on Google.
  • dandan1974
    dandan1974 Posts: 15
    Options
    I did it. It's gross and didn't do anything but make me feel weak. The best way to "cleanse" is by clean eating. Check out thegraciouspantry.com or search paleo eating on Google.
  • o_delaisse
    o_delaisse Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I was so ill doing that, it played total havoc with my blood sugar I reckon. Bad times, doing that. I have heard success stories, and if I did anything wrong it was not drinking it enough and not drinking it regularly, so perhaps that's why I had such a bad time with it.
  • ana137131
    ana137131 Posts: 25
    Options
    I was so ill doing that, it played total havoc with my blood sugar I reckon. Bad times, doing that. I have heard success stories, and if I did anything wrong it was not drinking it enough and not drinking it regularly, so perhaps that's why I had such a bad time with it.

I'm on it now and getting worried thinking of all that....did you lose/gain weight after or what happened? I would have thought blood sugar would be the only thing to stay pretty normal, its the lack of protein worrying me. Thanks for your feedback in advance!
  • Butterflybe
    Options
    I personally did the cleanser in March this year. I was full of energy, but I didnt work out a lot cause I didnt want to use enery I didnt have. After the cleaners I had no cravings, lost weigh and felt pretty good, it also help my system to be more regular. So I am planning on doing it again after my marathon.
  • vadanad
    vadanad Posts: 5
    Options
    hi! I suggest you to drink green tea and to eat low fat food for a week or two. You can try Ducan Diet and to boil your meat and vegetables, or Oshawa diet. I tried Ducan, and it worked. But you have to be very very carefully not to gain more than you lost, after you start eating sweets or fruits.
  • ickybubble
    ickybubble Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have done this many times and it does detox your body very well, as will water fasting. You may get really ill as your body gets rid of the toxins. But afterwards you will have a clean slate and can start your new lifestyle change! I just did the salt water flush again yesterday, and I'm not going to lie it is probably the hardest thing to drink in the world haha, but it really is worth it (just hold your nose). It is a great way to start off your healthy eating, and if you slip up and eat something bad then do the salt water flush the day after to wipe it from your system and start again.
  • deadliftfan
    Options
    Detox - what rubbish.

Just drink lots of water if you want to "detox". The lemon cleanse diet is a terrible fad diet that will eat your precious lean body mass.
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    In my experience, be careful of the "cleanse" thing. Everyone knows drinking plenty of water is good for you, but I went way overboard in the last few weeks, drinking over the recommended 64 oz per day. I ended up stripping electrolytes from my body and making myself really sick.

I don't think cleanses are worth the loss of a couple of pounds if you also lose necessary nutrients.
  • rmcgreal
    Options
    I've done that cleanse!! If you are going to do it you should try to do it during a time when you do not have to exert yourself very much. soo dont exercise while on it and allow yourself a lot of resting time. It is absolutely essential that you slowing ease back into eating, and that when you do eat again you eat very lean, and very healthily. It is good for cleansing your body and detoxing, but you must be dedicated to your eating habits after doing it or else your body will gain more fat instead of losing it. good luck
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Detox - what rubbish.

Just drink lots of water if you want to "detox". The lemon cleanse diet is a terrible fad diet that will eat your precious lean body mass.

This!!
  • PetraDettmann
    Options
    Hi there,

I was stuck after loosing 5 pounds, so I went back to my old morning routine. I got it out of book years ago and it helps. I have lost another 3 pounds in 2 weeks.

Take the juice of a lemon, 1 ounce Aloe juice( from the whole leaf), 1 tsp honey, 10 drops of ionic mineral drops. and add 6-8 ounces of water. Shake well then drink.

If you exercise right after, it not only helps cleans it also activates your Lymphatic system.

GOOD LUCK!
  • thinjustfabulous
    thinjustfabulous Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    you'll lose fast and gain it back fast too.
  • rachelbethany
    rachelbethany Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I agree that "clean eating" is usually the best way to go. However, I believe there are times when you REALLY do need to give your digestive system a break. For instance, I'm extremely lactose-intolerant, but often eat dairy anyway. If I've eaten a lot of dairy (especially cheese), eating even "clean" meats and lots of fibrous veggies can actually exacerbate my stomach problems. Sometimes I just need to let the toxins/chemicals/lactose/etc. get out of my body before I can go back to eating clean.

I have never heard of the lemon cleanse, but there are ways of detoxing while still getting nutrients you need. I like to do LOTS of water, fresh-squeezed juices, veggie purees, and smoothies using just ice, fruits, veggies and sometimes added nutritional complexes. Sticking mainly to liquids and keeping everything as raw as possible CAN be very detoxing-- I've experienced good things like extreme positive mood changes, newly gained motivation to eat better once I get OFF the "fast/detox/juice feast," and instant loss of inches. But I've also experienced negative side-effects, like symptoms of the flu that came come on your third day of detoxing, or bingeing as soon as the cleanse is over.

That said, do whatever you like. Only you know your body, and experimenting with a cleanse here or there isn't going to kill you or make you fat (OR skinny, necessarily). But I strongly suggest staying AWAY from any Internet fad kind of diets or cleanses, as any cleanse you do should be tailored to your own dietary needs and problems.

I also find cleanses/fasts extremely spiritually beneficial and quite complimentary to my kundalini yoga practice. But overall, they shouldn't be used as a way to lose weight. I hope I didn't sound too redundant throughout this post; I just want to stress that it's OKAY to try a cleanse. Everyone will discourage it, but it's your choice. Just don't expect it to go smoothly unless you are thoroughly mentally and physically prepared, know your body, and have done plenty of research. And always have a plan for coming OFF the cleanse, slowly working back in solid foods.
  • jsfitnesss
    Options
    Hey!

I know how I get when I am hungry....*****Y to say the least! Try checking out Advocare's 11 day cleanse, its great! A few different pieces to it, you still are allowed to eat on it too which I know was important for me. (And everyone else around me...haha)
    You can check it out here: http://www.advocare.com/products/well/W3171.aspx

Highly recommend it!

Cheers,

Jess
    http://jessnessrequired.blogspot.co.nz/
  • nicolamoonbrains
    nicolamoonbrains Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have never tried an extreme cleanse, but I heard about the lemon cleanse and adapted it around my current diet. I started drinking one pint of lemon water first thing in the morning and another glass last thing at night but whilst eating clean throughout the day. Raw lemon juice is very nutritious, full of anti oxidants, vitamin C and great for the skin. Google "lemon juice benefits" and you will find plenty of articles on the topic.

It is linked to weight-loss but you don't have to restrict yourself of food whilst drinking it! Just add it to your daily routine. I feel great since I have started drinking it. My skin is just amazing now!

Also, if you do try the cleanse or drinking it regularly, be sure to brush your teeth after you have drunk it to stop acid erosion.