Really, really bad day

Options
kjcrutch76
kjcrutch76 Posts: 3 Member
i;m not doing too well today. Any words of encouragement?!?!!? I feel fat and unattractive today and really down on myself. Unfortunately, my whole attitude and happiness are placed on my body image. I feel like the only people who don't look at me and see a fat girl are my kids. I have been back on MFP for 2 weeks and nothing is happening. I'm working out hard....maybe I shouldn't eat the extra calories MFP gives me for my exercise?!?!?

CW: 157
GW: 130

Replies

• allibazzer
    allibazzer Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have two kids, 3 and 5. I have a lot of bad days! I really use food to deal with motherhood emotionally. I also have a lot of body image issues. I have no idea sometimes, if I'm actually fat, or actually not. Or what I look like at all! It's confusing. I've been back to MFP for 6 weeks, and the honeymoon is over! It was easy at first and I felt better, and shaved off a couple pounds, but now I'm slogging through.

CW: 139
    GW: 130.

add me!
  • Sharlene113
    Sharlene113 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Bad days can happen. I've never actually been on a diet before and I've been at it for a week, then went on a 3 day trip. I'm really new to this and have felt discouraged myself. Add me and we'll chat more often. We can help each other.
  • reesa418
    reesa418 Posts: 22
    Options
    i had a really bad day today...no excersize and ate an extra 1500 calories!! i couldnt kill the cravings i had today...i just finished logging in my food for the day and it told me "if every day were like today..." i would GAIN 10 pounds in 5 weeks!!!! talk about putting things into perspective! :ohwell:
  • jellebeandesigns
    jellebeandesigns Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Change your goal! Mine was 120, I'm 5'2 this is a normal goal. I'm 140, I will be 140, I'm losing inches like mad and I love my body. So change your goal to inches and say fu to the scale
  • michelleraber
    Options
    Change your goal! Mine was 120, I'm 5'2 this is a normal goal. I'm 140, I will be 140, I'm losing inches like mad and I love my body. So change your goal to inches and say fu to the scale
  • michelleraber
    Options
    I love the idea about making your goal about inches. Some people have more muscle mass and as you know muscle weighs a lot more than fat so this can make it difficult when you are trying to hit a certain weight. This is especially true for people using a lot of strength training as their exercise. I think what ever way you have to put your goal into perspective is totally worth it because it is a lot easier to work towards something that you are happy with rather than something you are unhappy with.
  • Jennlock2003
    Options
    Oh girl I can soooo relate. I think it's just normal with the society we live in today to think we will never be thin enough, and it sucks for our self worth to correlate with the size of our clothes. Just keep making good decisions leading you to a healthy lifestyle and you will be at your goal eventually. :)
  • giftieetcetera
    giftieetcetera Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Bad days happen. Respond with dedication and strength. Forgive yourself and you will work through this!
  • JustMe4Me
    JustMe4Me Posts: 13
    Options
    Ya, I think everyone has those days. I know I have them. I also have body image issues. I have this bad habit of comparing myself to others in public and asking my husband if that is what I look like. He always gets upset with me. It is hard being a momma and doing this too I know, I have 4 kiddos! I have the same feelings about my kids too, sometimes it feels like they are the only ones loving this body and not caring what I look like. However, my husband is the same way, I just forget sometimes. He is probably my biggest support system! Just hang in there, these bad days are just a day here and there, but the majority of your days are what really matter =) and hug those kids of yours that will put a smile on your face =)=)