Vitamix

Options
alicenadams
alicenadams Posts: 21 Member
I am interested in starting a juice fast. I already own a vitamin and don't want to spend more money if I don't have to. Has anyone had any success juicing with a Vitamix?

Replies

• NGMama
    NGMama Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I do it all the time. I either drink it as is, or if I'm really wanting just juice, strain it through a nut milk bag. Messy but it works fine.

What kind of fast will you do?
  • alicenadams
    Options
    I just ordered a couple of nut milk bags on amazon. They should be here tomorrow. I usually juice a couple of times a day, but would like to do at least a 7 day just juice fast.... i need to look at the plans they have set up on the reboot website again, but was thinking the 15 day one looks good. I am sure I could do it. I think my only difficulty would be going out to eat because we usually do once or twice over the weekend. I am about 95% plant based at the moment. I rarely eat seafood and cheese. No other dairy or meat though. I just need to get off the sugar! I think this will help.

What have you done? What have you liked about it? Care to share your experience and any difficulties you have had?
  • NGMama
    Options
    Hiya!

I have only done one official juice cleanse and I only did it for a few days. I'm gearing up to try for two weeks. We can do a mutual support deal if you'd like. The first day I was really hungry and had a headache. I do find it challenging as I have two little ones. It's hard to cook when I'm not joining them. However, I can suck that up. They like the juice anyway and are already used to having smoothies every day so they might not even notice me doing anything differently.

I found that I liked the juice with all of the fibre in it. In the VitaMix I had to add water so it would be thin enough if I didn't strain it. I loooooved beets with apples and spinach. My kids really liked that one too. The beets made it such a pretty colour. Oh, and a quarter of a lemon with apples and beets is delicious too. I have the Green Smoothie Revolution so I'd like to incorporate more of that.

As to vegan, I'm 100% at home but if caught short while out I occasionally have something with a little dairy or egg. It always gives me an upset tummy though so I really try hard to stay away.

Let me know how it goes for you!
  • alicenadams
    Options
    I'd love support. I'll send you a friend request. Do you have a specific day to start?
  • NGMama
    Options
    Accepted and thanks!

I had toyed with starting tomorrow but I need groceries and I don't think there's enough here for a full day of juicing. I'm thinking Friday. What about you?