New!

Options
Hi! I am new to the site, I joined it to try and help me keep on track to get fit and healty. I am 24 (as of April) and in 2010 I was diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma and went through chemo that year, I am now in remission. I have finally started to feel like my old self again and am hoping to start losing a lot of the weight I have put on in the last two years. It's nice to see other survivors who understand how hard it is to accept what we went/go through no matter the type of cancer you have and the effect it has on us physically and mentally. I am looking forward to being apart of this group and helping keep each other upbeat. We have fought the hardest fight for our lives and now I am fighting to be able to enjoy this life by losing weight.

Replies

• LL108
    LL108 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you're doing well and keeping your body strong. Its so different after cancer how our outlook on life changes. I'm thyroid cancer diag 2001 recurrence 2005 and high risk an theyre watching suspicious nodes (localized). I have more chronic bummer health issues than deadly ones at this moment...I think I've done more in my life(on my list) since the recurrence than I have my whole life.
  • Legume427
    Legume427 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi. My name is Sabrina and I'm an ovarian cancer survivor (diagnosed 6/7/2010). I currently have no evidence of disease. I want to do a half marathon before I'm 50 (I'm 44) and I need to lose about 75 lbs to take some of the stress off of my knees so I can handle the training.
  • BCsurvivor1962
    BCsurvivor1962 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    H!

I am almost to my 10th year anniversary of kicking Breast Cancer's Tail! :)

Keep up the great fight!
  • Apple2jacks
    Options
    Hi everyone, I was diagnosed with acute myeloid leukemia in February 2011 and started chemo. Shortly after I had a bone marrow/stem cell transplant in May 2011. I am in remission and kicking everyday to beat this. Because of being on some meds I have gained a lot of weight. Finally getting the drs ok to get back to the gym I am super excited, it feels great to be back. Just looking for encouragement and peps who understand some days are just hard! I am getting married in May of 2013 and would love to lose 70 before I do that walk own the aisle, plus I bought my dress 4 sizes too small!

Keep fighting!

My pic is a motivation pic from long before I got sick.... Makes me work harder :)