What is this Zumba song?

Options
Hello everyone,

Hope it's ok to post a new subject here, I'm quite possibly the largest (in weight) Zumba lover here.

One thing I am continuingly looking up is Zumba songs, I don't always know the titles or where to find them (if not on iTunes), but thought (and I've seen this on other sites) we could have a thread where we can ask everyone if they know of a particular song, from the style of the Zumba song and the words that you know in them. Hoped that makes sense, it seems to work well on the site I always get referred to.

Also, what is everybodies favourite Zumba songs/dances at the moment?

Becs

Replies

• twistytey
    twistytey Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've had my Zumba 2 game for a little over two weeks, and this is my fav at the moment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFwU1N46VW0

What's your favorite?
  • capricorn0120
    capricorn0120 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Hope it's ok to post a new subject here, I'm quite possibly the largest (in weight) Zumba lover here.

One thing I am continuingly looking up is Zumba songs, I don't always know the titles or where to find them (if not on iTunes), but thought (and I've seen this on other sites) we could have a thread where we can ask everyone if they know of a particular song, from the style of the Zumba song and the words that you know in them. Hoped that makes sense, it seems to work well on the site I always get referred to.

Also, what is everybodies favourite Zumba songs/dances at the moment?

Becs

My favorite is Caipirinha. It motivates me.
  • andreaisme
    andreaisme Posts: 43
    Options
    Zumba has giving me a new found appreciation for music I never really explored.

Here are 2 that I really like. The first one is in French and Arabic (Algerian?). I do not understand Arabic, but the french part says:

C'est pas complique si tu sais a dancer
    It's not complicated if you know how to dance

Hella Decale:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XnSyDqlT9o

Ai Se Eu Te Pego
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN9rWm6PPz8

14967893.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • kkzmom11
    kkzmom11 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    mine is Dame by J Lo. I have asked my zumba instructor for the names of a lot of songs. she will give them to me, but if they are only for zumba, then she tells me that. I have gotten a lot from the public library, since they are artists we all have access to. the strictly zumba songs, i am not willing to pay for.
  • BecsWeeble
    BecsWeeble Posts: 21
    Options
    I've had my Zumba 2 game for a little over two weeks, and this is my fav at the moment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFwU1N46VW0

What's your favorite?
    [/quote

Ah I don't have the Zumba 2, just the first, the dvds and go to the classes. I've not yet heard this song before, but sounds even faster than some of the others, so can imagine it's a good calorie burn :)

My favourite always varies, the one I like to dance the most (for the calorie burn) is one of the songs I cannot get hold of. We use it as a kind of River dance, but have danced it as a highland fling too, it's a Celtic song ... Taki something, if anyone knows it.
  • BecsWeeble
    BecsWeeble Posts: 21
    Options
    Recognise a few of these and a couple I've not heard of before, interesting to know people's favourites :)

I always ask my Instructor for the names of the ones I like, so far made up 3 (1 hour) routines from the songs, but there are a few I've been unable to get, apparently they are for instructors only.

One I know of (and correct me if I'm wrong) is a Sean Paul song, the chorus of which is the old "You make me feel like dancing.." Apparently it was made for Zumba only.
  • monandez
    monandez Posts: 34
    Options
    It's called Taki Country. My favorites are Balans by K-Liber4Life and Boro Boro. And if anyone could help out...I've been trying to find a song for weeks now. It starts out with a siren and we do airplane arms as we kick up our leg. I don't know how else to explain it. If anyone knows it let me know!
  • lovinmomnwife
    Options
    I have Zumba 2 for my wii. I have to say my favorite one from there is Dance Dance Dance. I love the beat and moves.
  • mskathyw
    mskathyw Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I just found this thread but wanted to share. Myteacher uses alot of music not from Zumba but she never has a problem sharing.

I love these:

Danza Kuduro
    Prrrum by Cosculluela
    Shake Senora by Pitbull
    Wobble by V.I.C
  • Diana59
    Diana59 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've got 2 Brazilian guys who teach my Zumba classes and there fantastic!. Their videos can be found at www.chakaboomfitness.com. Their most recent one is to Gangam Style. Their version is better that the one from the original video. My other favorites are: Party Rock by LMFAO, Don't Stop the Party by Pitbull, Waka Waka and Addicted to You by Shakira and Glamorous by Fergie. I also use these for power walking on the days when I don't do Zumba! Enjoy!
  • bonjourdiva
    Options
    I listen to Pandora, and the station is called "Zumba Fitness Radio". There are alot of songs that I hear in my Zumba classes played on there. See if you find any you like.