Alphas

Options
ScottyNoHotty
ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
Anyone else watch this show? I watched the entire first season last year, was hard to remember the characters and storylines, because SYFY never re-ran it. Anyway, I think its a much better storyline than the inevitable comparison to Heroes. ( Although, I thought The 4400 was better than that even ). I noticed that SYFY is going the way of fake reality shows also....uggg. Do we really need 3 more "paranormal" shows? Too bad Eureka is gone, and i'm pretty sure this is the last season of Warehouse 13. Anyone else miss Doctor Who, Dresden files, BSG, Caprica, Farscape, Andromeda, Sanctuary, Stargate, Sliders, Tripping the rift, and MST:3000??? All they have now is Ghost this & Ghost that, and ****ty made for TV movies ( Although i liked Sharktopus)

OH yeah...i forget Painkiller Jane!!!

Why the **** is there WWE on SYFY???

Replies

• halforc80
    halforc80 Posts: 29
    Options
    So many shows don't get the chance they deserve. Dresden Files was great, but a different beast from the books.

Have you tried "Awake"? It has a kind of sci-fi feel, but it's not overt.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    Awake has been cancelled..and i own all the Dresden books!!!
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I liked Heroes. The problem that show ran into was the writer's strike in the middle of the second season. You could see where the story was headed, but since they had to wrap it early, they resolved everything in a crappy way and then never addressed issues that arose from it. Then they also had at least one useless character that they didn't know what to do with. After that, they just got lazy. So many inconsistencies in seasons 3 and 4.

I liked Sliders until Arturo died. My wife and I recently watched the whole series on Netflix, it was a struggle to actually finish it.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    wwe is fake so they put it on syfy i guess, lol

i tried watching alphas when they put it on hulu, but i forgot to keep up with it.

doctor who will be back in Aug. i cannot wait!
    and sherlock! oh god. i'm dying. torchwooodd!

i love scifi stuff in general though. but i never watch syfy. unless they put the shows on hulu/netflix.

awake was reeeeally cool. i'm pissed it wasn't picked up.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I think I watched all of the first season of Alphas, but I don't remember many details. May have to watch some of it over. Will watch episode 1 of 2nd season tonight.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I liked Heroes. The problem that show ran into was the writer's strike in the middle of the second season. You could see where the story was headed, but since they had to wrap it early, they resolved everything in a crappy way and then never addressed issues that arose from it. Then they also had at least one useless character that they didn't know what to do with. After that, they just got lazy. So many inconsistencies in seasons 3 and 4.

Spot on. They made a horrible mess of the continuity. It was painful.
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Has anyone watched The Event? I'm up to episode 6 and liking it so far (I know it's been cancelled). Also what about The Triangle it was a mini series and brilliant too!
  • DaniKenmir
    DaniKenmir Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I just bought sliders on dvd, I watched it as a kid a LOVED it, still do!
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Dude, Syfy is a freaking mess. All I ever see on that channel is Dinoshark and The Flood, which I call Dinoflood. Alphas is ok, but I wouldn't watch it if my husband didn't want to. Those people need to be properly trained if they're going to be put in such dangerous situations! Drives me freaking crazy. :laugh: There's a British show called Misfits, which you might like. I think you can get it on Hulu. I also liked Persons Unknown, but I don't think anyone else watched it! It's not the same type of thing, but it was on Syfy UK and I really enjoyed it. It's only one season, but it was freaking riveting.