Introduction

Options
auntchelle11
auntchelle11 Posts: 41 Member
Here you can introduce yourself to the group. Feel free to tell us as much or as little about yourself as you want! The only requirement is that you tell us your resolution!

I'm Kris. I'm 22 and married my best friend on December 17, 2011. Since I started on MFP I have been obsessed with numbers. Seeing the scale fluctuate up by a pound or two has demotivated me more than once since joining. This time I am going to ignore the scale and focus on NSVs. My goal is to be wearing a size 16 pants and an XL shirt by 12/31/12. I haven't been a size 16 in more than 3 years and I can't wait to pull on my old jeans!

Replies

• Willbthin11
    Willbthin11 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I think this group is a great idea. I make a new years resolution to lose weight on the 1st Jan every year and its normally forgotten by February but I'm determined that this year will be different.

I'm Steph and I'm 24. My goal is to get within the healthy range of a BMI as I've been overweight all of my adult life. I'm hoping that by new years I will be in this range.
  • Ritika14
    Ritika14 Posts: 9
    Options
    Hey!!

My name is Ritika and I'm 28. Absolutely support the idea behind this group.

My goal is to shake off the excess 22 pounds I gained after getting married by 31/12/12.
    Wishing the group massive success.Let's do it!:happy:
  • lilspringchicken
    lilspringchicken Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am so excited to see this group. I had a baby in April and would like to start 2013 back at my pre pregnancy weight. I have 29 pounds to go! My final goal is to get into the healthy BMI range and it's 45 pounds away. I'm so excited at the thought of celebrating my little girl's first Christmas back in my Matchstick jeans! Good luck everyone!
  • mejiapatty
    Options
    My name is Patty am married and i have 2 little girls a 18 month and a 2 year old. My goal is to get to 130. Right now am 158. so help me stay motivated.

and wish everyone good luck!
  • IdunAbelone
    Options
    Hello everyone, and thank you for inviting me to this group of pretty, young ladies :)

I'm Vibeke, I'm 40 years old, married and have two girls (age 10 and 15). I'm from Norway, Europe.
    My goal for this fall is to lose about 18 lbs by New Years (I want to be below 80 kilos), and then I'll want to lose another 22-33 lbs (10-15 kg) by next summer.

I'm not healthy - I'm short of breath, weak and always tired. Need ta change. Started this Monday, counting the calories and walking back and forth to work every day (I only live about 15 minutes walk from my office).

Good luck to all you!
  • betancourta229
    betancourta229 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I am 29 and on a mission to lose 83 lbs. I am down 16 already and love the idea of this group. I am 217.8 lbs right now and by Christmas I would love to be down to 180 or less :wink:

12 years ago I lost 50 lbs but then I meet my now husband and we went on a lot of "dinner dates" so now I need to lose those 83 lbs I gained. I originally lost those 50 lbs on a new years resolution so I hope by joining this group it will motivate me to stick to it!
  • amandasilva
    amandasilva Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I think this is a great idea!
    I'm 29, and will turn 30 in December- so I am really motivated right now to get back to a comfortable weight. I'm currently 5'8" and 197 pounds. My BMI is currently 30, and I need to get to 165 pounds for it to fall into a healthy BMI range. So- I'm gonig for at least 33 pounds in 22 weeks- which is very reasonable.

I'm a married, mother of 3, and work full time- so I struggle to find time and energy to eat right and exercise.

Count me in! :bigsmile:
  • magee2020
    magee2020 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. This is a great idea.

My name is Meghan, I'm 33 years old. My ultimate goal is to lose 100+ lbs but I'm starting with 40 lbs by January 1st. Looking to decrease my carbs and increase my fruits/veggies and exercise.
  • Jessicamurray1986
    Jessicamurray1986 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hey,

My name is Jessica, I'm 25 with three kids. My ultimate goal is to be 145lbs by my birthday next year October 30th. But for this challenge... I'm starting at 221 right now, and I would like to be185 by New Year's day! That would at least put me back at what I was before having any of my kids. I love this idea, and I'm really glad to be a part of it! :) Good luck everyone!!
  • kbailey8820
    kbailey8820 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I think this group is a great idea. I make a new years resolution to lose weight on the 1st Jan every year and its normally forgotten by February but I'm determined that this year will be different.

I'm the same way. My new years resolution will be to maintain my weight loss.

Hello. My name is Kimberly. I'm 24 years old and a second year 7th grade math teacher in Texas. By 12/31/12 I WILL BE 180 lbs and back in my size 11 jeans!
  • movn4ward
    movn4ward Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

Glad I found this group in time to join. I am excited about this and echo your comments about NSVs. I am working on getting away from the obsession of the scale. My goal is to get into a healthy BMI range, I am currently 5'9" and 194 pounds. But as my close get more and more loose, the scale is not going down at the rate I think it should, hence my obsession.

So, my goal for New Year's Day is to fit into the banded size 10 dress that has been hanging on my wall for the past year. It would be nice to see the scale get me into a healthy BMI as well (about 30 lbs down). That would be an added bonus.

Good luck to everyone, I look forward to the journey and success stories.
  • clarabellesimmo82
    Options
    Fab group!

I'm Claire, 30, and live in the UK.

Fed up of constant yo-yo, but my goal is 30lb off by New Year. A little sideline is to make sure I log everything, every day on MFP, no hiding anymore!

x
  • esandoval87
    esandoval87 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This is perfect!! I have set a goal for myselft to try and lose all that I can towards my goal weight by the end of the year!! I am 24 and I have about 40 pounds to lose to be at a healthy weight range. I am 5'3". I am super excited to be working on this. My strategy is to log all my calories and excercise at least 5 X a week. I alternate between zumba and doing cardio at the gym along with some strength training. What is everyone's strategy for meeting their goals?
  • czenny
    czenny Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello Im Czenny. Hope to be friends with you all. Let's motivate each other. I am to lose about 23 lbs, im currently weighing 132.5 lbs.
  • ewunia99
    ewunia99 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Eva. I'm 30, and this is the first time in my LIFE I am trying to lose weight. I like the idea of this group because it is a manageable goal, not too too far away not too close!

I am a little scared of sticking to my goal but I REALLY want this. I work full time, am single, and I sing and perform a lot in my free time. The performing is fun but tiring and I hope it doesn't get me off track!!!

I would LOVE To be 20 lbs thinner by 12/31/12 but I think that will be my stretch goal. 15 lbs will be my must goal!

Looking forward to hearing everyone's stories and getting support from our group! Feel free to add me as a friend as well.
  • movn4ward
    movn4ward Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    And any one who would like to add me as a friend please feel free.
  • betsym3
    betsym3 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Betsy, I'm 55, and need to lose about 74 lbs. I started myfitnesspal in January 2012 to lose weight for my daughter's wedding in April 2012. We went on a cruise and had a great time, but I didn't lose much weight. I lost about 7 pounds and gained it back. I started back again the end of June, and I'm down 9 pounds since my original starting weight in Jan 2012 of 193 lbs. I weighed in at 186 lbs this morning (down 2 lbs from last week).

I have yo-yo dieted most of my life. I don't have serious health issues, but do need to watch my cholesterol which I have brought down over the years just by eating healthier. I would really like to be able to get to my goal weight or close to it before long. I am tired of be overweight, not fitting into clothes, not having the energy that I should have, and many other reasons.

I would love to join the group and shed at least 15 - 20 lbs by New Years. I have set a goal to lose one pound a week for the next year, which would make me 50 lbs lighter my this time next year. So this looks like a good group. Thanks for having me, and the best to everyone!:happy:
  • morvenna
    morvenna Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi , my name is Helen, I'm 49yrs old and do not want to be this size at 50!!
    My goal is to lose 30lbs and be in my size 12 clothes again.
    Good luck to everyone in this group xx:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • sara0143
    sara0143 Posts: 21
    Options
    Hello, my name is Sara I'm 43 married with 2 cats. My goal is to lose about 25lb. I've struggled with losing and gaining 25lbs for the last 15 years it is time to lose it and keep it off.
    So here's to a happy healthy New Year starting now.
  • b1t3m3
    b1t3m3 Posts: 47
    Options
    Awesome idea! My name is Jess. I'm 23 years old. I'd like to lose about 35-40 pounds in all.
    I really just started MFP seriously a few weeks ago... after setting a goal in April to lose weight for my birthday (in June). That original goal never happened, but I stuck with the idea, made a few changes to my lifestyle (including MFP) and now I'm shooting for my NEXT birthday.
    I'd like to lose 20 pounds by 12/31/12 - and the remaining 15-20 can happen in the spring.
    Also, I'm from Canada... where it's customary to put on a few extra pounds in the winter. It's going to be nice to have this group to keep me motivated when the temperature starts to drop.