TurboFire/TurboJam Discussion

Options
jobrandes
jobrandes Posts: 136 Member
Do you love Chalene, how about some TurboFire or TurboJam chit chat?

Replies

• Clwilson843
    Options
    I've had TurboFire for about 6 mths i'm guessing and tried it and wasn't as serious as I am now received the worst work out beating of my life LOL. I think i'm ready to get back on the saddle again
  • nikkishai
    nikkishai Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Waiting for my TurboJam to be delivered...
  • AutieBell
    AutieBell Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I love love love Turbo Fire. Need to order myself a set instead of borrowing my friends.
  • jobrandes
    Options
    Great to meet you AuntieBell! TurboFire rocks, I love Chalene. She is so super motivational. Great to have you here.
  • Sairasac
    Sairasac Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I LOVE TurboFire!!! It has changed my life! I never thought I'd love working out like I do now and I never thought I'd be this fit. I've been doing the program for 5 months now and have just moved on to Insanity.
  • jobrandes
    Options
    I LOVE TurboFire!!! It has changed my life! I never thought I'd love working out like I do now and I never thought I'd be this fit. I've been doing the program for 5 months now and have just moved on to Insanity.

TurboFire is awesome huh? I think Chalene really makes the workout for sure, she is so positive. How are you liking Insanity? Tough isn't it? That workout is crazy. Is Tonia driving you nuts yet? Haha.
  • carpediem85
    carpediem85 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I've been doing TurboFire for about 3 weeks now, and was just wondering what everyone lists it as in their diary. I've been doing it as a circuit training because I've seen MFP has the TurboJam, but the calories burned just seem...waaay too high, unless am I really burning that much during the course of a workout? Thanks for your feedback!
  • JRoselee
    JRoselee Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am on day 16 of Power 90 and I also list it as circuit training on MFP. You may be burning that much, you can adjust it down. The site takes your weight and amount of time working and does the math. (Does It?)
  • ShannonBas
    ShannonBas Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Howdy!
    I just started my TurboFire journey. (as in I'm only a few days in!) Prior to TF, I was doing Jillian's 30 Day Shred. I did get results from that program and bought a couple others by Jillian, but was having a hard time sticking with them since I don't do well with having to do the same workout for several days in a row before switching to something new.

I've been wanting TF for a while now and figured that if I'm gonna invest in a decent workout program, then why not get the Complete system from the start. :happy: So that's just what I did. Of course, hubby had to throw his two cents in and told me I should have lost 10 lbs when it showed up on my front porch... LOL!! :laugh: I do look like a duck out of water right now as I'm trying to learn the moves, but I laugh at myself & keep on going. I do find myself pushing to finish the class the best I can, compared to wanting to throw the remote through the TV like when I was doing 30DS. HAHA!

But yeah, so far, I'm happy with my purchase. I'm looking forward to getting my sexy back. :laugh: :heart:
  • brandipachter
    Options
    I love Turbofire, too! I am just restarting this week, and I just love the workouts! I am looking for some support, though, because none of my friends do this workout. I guess I will have to add a couple people from the boards. I am glad to find some people who are going through the same challenges!
  • jobrandes
    Options
    Hey everyone! Do you folks ever try log your workouts on the beachbody website? I know some of you mentioned logging workouts here and I know you do it to track calories burned etc which is awesome but you can log workouts on the BB site too. It is a pretty cool way to log workouts. If you want info on it let me know. I am on that site everyday.

If you want more buddies doing TF/TJ let me know as I can hook you up with folks on FB, I have a group there. Just throwing it out there. Pop me a message if you are interested.

Have an awesome workout!!!!

Jo
  • ardorrequiem
    Options
    My room mate and I are starting TurboFire soon, any tips for picking up choreography? I've done a few TurboJam workouts before, and this looks similar, but even in the breakdown its still pretty fast paced, and there really isnt an intro video.
  • jobrandes
    Options
    It is fast but if you have done TurboJam you will probably be ok. There is a "new to class" option where Chalene walks you through the upcoming workout so do that one. That is what helped me out. You will get it eventually. Just give it a few times.
  • Emme727
    Emme727 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I've been doing TurboFire for about 6 weeks now. Anyone else still doing it?
  • ablissabby
    ablissabby Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    LOVE TurboFire! I'm on Week 10 and I'm excited to start the Advanced Workouts. It's easily the most fun I've had sweating this much! :-)
  • chargers8709
    chargers8709 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Love Turbo Fire! I am on wk #10 and also planning on
    doing the advanced DVDs. I agree with everyone about
    how fun it is. Chalene is great...she is so motivating!

For the people thinking about doing TF: Don't hesitate purchasing the
    program..it will be the best money you have every spent!
    Although, a lot of people think in the beginning it is to
    fast but just try to do your best and forget the rest. I think
    that is a Tony Horton quote! I would highly recommend
    doing Turbo Jam first...that really helped me pick up the
    moves.
  • mdawg99
    mdawg99 Posts: 7
    Options
    I would enter it as cardio .... and I would guess if you are doing Fire 45 for example you would be burning 450-500 cals depending on your own stats and effort! Fire 55 - 550-600 cals!
  • mdawg99
    mdawg99 Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm doing a Turbo Fire/Chalean Extreme hybrid. One month left there and on to Body Beast!!
  • mimiteh35
    mimiteh35 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I'm 39 yrs old, mother of 1, almost stepmother to 2 (engaged). I asked for Turbo Jam as a Christmas present, I started it end of Dec 2012. I lost 14 lbs in 3 months which isn't much but still a loss considering my diet change mostly consisted of lowering my salt intake and smaller portions. I also used MFP app to track my food/exercise. I had pants last summer I couldn't wear from year before, and at end of 3 months they fit without a huge bulge over top of my pants! Shirts that were unable to be buttoned fully or strained now were able to be buttoned! I love Chalene, she is motivational, fun and full of energy, and I love hearing old school songs from when I used to go dancing in clubs, lol!

I can't afford Turbo Fire but I had Zumba (also a gift) which didn't seem to give me the same hard work feeling that the Turbo Jam gave me, it was fun to dance but I like Turbo Jam more!

A friend had Turbo Fire and let me borrow it, OMG I'm in love with it! I've only done 2 days of it, today was HIIT 15 and stretch 10, OMG, SWEAT POURED! Loved it! Hard hard hard for me at 213 lbs and 5ft 1 with bad knees, I still managed to modify the jumps enough to still jump and not hurt my knees and get a kick *kitten* workout! Next chance I get to purchase it, I'm either going to get Turbo Fire or Extreme, depending on when I can afford it, but for now, I can wit to see where I am after 20 weeks!
  • mimiteh35
    mimiteh35 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Anyone know where I can get the Turbo Fire meal plan? I bought my Turbo Fire used from someone I don't know and she didn't include the meal plan or the lower body band which I didn't know about till after I bought it and went home. :/

I have Turbo Jam and have the meal plan for it, but wanted a variety of meals to choose from. :) Any links where I could get this info, or any good links for healthy meals? You can message me on this board or send me a private message through this MFP.

Thanks! I'd appreciate it! :)