August 2012 Babies

Options

Replies

• luvinlife2full
    luvinlife2full Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    I'm due August 20 th with our 2nd. That makes 2 little girls for us :) Going for an u/s June 18th, super excited :)
  • katkada
    katkada Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!
    I am due August 25th 2012!!
    I am so excited this is my first baby and the last time I went to the ultrasound they said it was a girl ;) That was in March. I am so excited for my ultrasound June 4th at 815 am ;) very Very exciting. I have gained about 17 lbs so far
  • BrunetteWife
    BrunetteWife Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    Just a quick pop in, had my cerlage appt, everything is where it should be. Blood pressure and weight are on track. Her heartbeat and measurements are also on track. Had my glucose test Friday, just waiting for results. They said they won't call unless it's bad, otherwise we'll discuss them on June 8th. Hubby got to come home for a 4day visit over Memorial Day weekend. It was a wonderful but very busy 4 days, being pulling everywhere so everyone could hang out with him. Hoping to surprise him for Father's Day and make a trip to him, if doc allows the 5hr car ride one way. Have a great week all!
  • mpederson
    mpederson Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    just got back from an ultrasound and everything is measuring normal AND the doctor said definately testicles! The u/s tech was not 100% sure last time but this doctor said without a doubt a boy :)

Whenever i tell people I'm due in August the all say "oooohhhhh that sucks you're going to be so hot" well I thought no I won't and now I realize that yes i will! haha! my feet get so swollen by the end of the day i look like I have foot rolls!

Hope everyone is well, take care!
  • EliseMarie24
    EliseMarie24 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hey there ladies! I went for my glucose test & passed! Yay! They also did some other blood work & found my iron is low so now I have to take supplements and try to add more to my diet. I made the mistake of looking online & freaked myself out. My midwive told me to just make the two changes & it will be fine but the iron supplements are going to make me tired. She was so right on that one! I can't seem to get enough sleep which is a bummer cause I was enjoying having energy again. Oh well. Everything else seems to be going well. I hope everyone is able to enjoy some of the summer:)
  • lambchop1042
    lambchop1042 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hello!

Just checking in... my hubby and I have been extra busy lately b/c we decided recently to switch from my OB to a midwife practice that delivers at the hospital. Don't know about the rest of you all but I've been thinking more and more about the actual delivery of this baby lately! I'm so relieved after switching though, it just makes more sense for us (I'm shooting for a natural birth).

Anyway, had our glucose test about 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything about it since then so I guess that means I passed? lol, I would assume they would call me in for the 3 hour test if I hadn't. I also got my Rhogam shot a little while ago, ugh needles. Guess I better get used to it if I'm delivering at a hospital though...

Our baby shower is this coming Saturday and I'm super excited! I'm not sure how many presents we'll get though so since all of my family is (sadly) out of work right now, but it's just fun to get together and talk about the baby :-) After the shower we can actually start putting together the nursery and getting things ready too-- which me and my type A self are really excited about.

How are the rest of you holding up? Has the heat gotten to you yet? I've been staying inside in the temperature controlled air as much as possible!
  • mpederson
    Options
    I've been thinking alot about the birth too! People always ask like it's their business and i have just been telling them that I'm going to keep an open mind. I am also shooting for a natural birth, mostly because i'm really scared of drugs but I'll see when the time is closer. I am on a waiting list for a midwife but I doubt I'll get one, there are only a few in the city where I live and I was told I have to book one as soon as i pee on the stick if not earlier. I do have a doula though.

I got my glucose test back as well at my last dr. appt. but she never got back the screening tests for down's and what not that I did quite some time ago. To be honest i'm kind of glad, I really didn't want to know anyways. Whatever happens happens. I did pass the glucose test though, the orange drink wasn't that bad......but i have a super sweet tooth!

June has been super busy and my best friend is getting married this weekend. I'm in the wedding party and just praying I won't be a swollen mess for her pictures! at least my bump looks like a bump now so i won't just look fat in the dress :) Another girlfriend asked when my baby shower was and i hadn't even thought about it yet because I've been so focused on all the busy June events!

Other than that everything has been going great. Feeling fine. Nothing really to complain about except some minor hip aches. I'm definately slowing down though. My poor dog can't walk any slower but he'll have no choice! I'm still swimming with my masters club and still plugging along but not getting the same distance in as I used to. that's ok though, feels good to be weightless for a bit.

We've been having below seasonal temperatures here and an extremely wet start to summer. it's gross. On the plus side I don't have air conditioning so I haven't been baking in the house!

I can't believe how quickly time has gone.....
  • mpederson
    Options
    Is everybody still hanging in there? August is right around the corner! I don't feel ready to be done being pregnant but I definitely feel done being at work. My heart isn't really into it. However.....gotta pay the bills so I'll suck it up for 5 more weeks.

I've been getting a lot of baby clothes from friends and we finally got the baby room done (well close enough). We're not putting the crib in yet because we have a super small house so i'll leave the twin bed in there for now for my mom when she comes to help out.

We've met with our doula twice now and I realize my husband and i are NOT on the same page as far as the birth plan.....my doula and i are though so that's a good step.

I'm eating very randomly and choosing "easy" foods when I do. I just have no desire to cook or put any effort into meals anymore. There's been a lot of frozen veggie pizzas in my house lately. At least i'm still walking every day and swimming with my club twice a week. The walking is getting harder and the swimming is feeling easier.

My boy is breach right now but i'm not too worried about it yet. Other than that, still doing pretty good....minus the first stretch mark!! Hope everyone is well!
  • EliseMarie24
    Options
    We are getting so close ladies! I'm ready for my little guy to show up even though I still have 4 more weeks. I'm no longer working do to some major changes and causing too much stress. I don't want to have any problem with my little one because of the craziness there. On the plus side of being home I can do the little things I wanted to get done before the baby arrives and spend time with my daughter.
    I
    I had my appointment with the midwife today. Baby boy is still head down but high enough that he could turn, so I'm going to pray that he stays put. :). Other than that everything is well.

Mpederson - I've been doing pretty easy meals too. I hope your little one flips on his own for you:).
  • BrunetteWife
    Options
    Hi ladies! Officially full term as of yesterday, wooo hooo! Had my cerclage taken out last Thurs, as of then I was at a 1cm and 50-60% effaced and her head is right there ready to go. I've finally been feeling BH but nothing more. I have my 37wk check up tomorrow morning. Hopefully I've made some progress. Doc said last week he doubts I'll make it to 38wks, so we'll see! Just hope my hubby makes it to the hospital in time, roughly a 4hr trip. If anything has changed I'll post tomorrow.
    Home stretch ladies!
  • lambchop1042
    lambchop1042 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! We're almost there, August is next week, can you believe it?

I have to say, I've had a pretty easy pregnancy up until now but am starting to feel pretty uncomfortable lately :-/ All the symptoms just kinda slammed me in the face in the past week or two (back aches, sore feet, swollen ankles, fatigue). It's so hard to admit that there are certain things I just can't do at all or at least need help doing. I went to a super Wal-Mart the other day, specific list of items in hand, and ended up walking all over the store! I started getting cramps and felt like I needed to sit down and drink a glass of water omg, not doing that again until after baby is here!

I'm also not "done" with being pregnant (due on Aug. 30th so still have 5 weeks) and want the baby to come when he's ready, but am soooo done with work. I'm uncomfortable no matter what I do-- sit at the desk which squishes my stomach, walk around the office which hurts my feet, etc. But I'm grateful to have a job, and one that is willing to accomodate me until my due date. I'd much rather spend my short term disability time with the baby rather than sitting at home twiddling my thumbs!

How are the rest of you holding up? Have you all finished getting ready for baby (as much as possible anyway)? We're almost done with the nursery, just some wall decorations to hang up. And we need to install the car seat and pack our hospital bag, but I think that's about it!
  • BrunetteWife
    Options
    Real quick update from doc appt: I'm 2-3cm dilated and 80% effaced. Could be anytime, could still be a week past my due date of 8/14. Reguardless, it's progress!! I have been having lots of BH since last Thurs when they took out the cerclage, but no real ones that I'm aware of.

Hope you all are doing ok with this weather. We had a 10 day straight stretch of 100+ weather, and so far our highest has been 108! In St. Louis area. Yuck. We had rain for a few hours May 1st, at the tail end of May and that's it! It's so crappy out there! I'm thankful I'm done with work til mid Sept.
  • mpederson
    Options
    AUGUST IS TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!:noway:

Bru are you still hanging in there?
  • EliseMarie24
    Options
    I went to the midwife this morning for my weekly appointment. I explained all the pain I was having last night that kept me up half the night. She said it was probably the baby wiggling his way into place. I hope this is a sign that things will start progressing.

How is everyone else feeling?
  • BrunetteWife
    Options
    Had my 38wk doc appt this morning.. :/ Blah. Well, I'm 90% thinned out but we went back in progress.. back to a 1cm from the 2-3cm last week. :/ However, Nick will be home tomorrow for the weekend, which is perfect timing for my birthday on Saturday, but I don't think Miranda will make her appearence this weekend...
  • EliseMarie24
    Options
    Week, I went for my 38 week appointment this morning. I'm 80% effaced and 1cm dilated. I have had a cold since early Sunday morning & of ourselves my daughter ended up with it yesterday. I'm worried about bei worn out from the cold then end up in labor. Argh I thought my body would prevent this. Lol

How are you ladies feeling? Are you all just hanging in there?
  • mpederson
    Options
    hope your cold goes away!

I just posted in the third tri board so you can read my rant there :)

I'm feeling really overwhelmed and unprepared. Work's too much, husband's no help blah blah blah.......

but yes, still hanging in there.
  • BrunetteWife
    Options
    Just got back from my appt....I'm still a +1 station and 90%, then he said I'm a 2-3cm, but doing a bishops score he said 3-4cm..so wth?! LOL! AND, I was able to have him do a membrane sweep :D However, worst case scenario, I have an induction scheduled for the 21st. Come on baby!
  • mpederson
    Options
    This week has been challenging to say the least, I've never felt so bummed out in all my life and for no reason what so ever. I even had some great things happen this week.....I hit a huge milestone by swimming over 100,000 metres while pregnant, I had a birthday, my girlfriends came over and we had a delicious icecream cake and still......bummed out.

I'm supposed to be at work for two more full weeks but I'm not sure i'll make it. Yesterday I had to sit leaning far to the left all day just to get some relief from some intense rib pain on my right side. Sigh.....maybe next week will be better. I hope everyone else is having a better week!
  • mpederson
    Options
    well maybe i felt "off" last week because baby was on his way out!

Kaleb Zennon was born on sundaymorning, three weeks early but healthy and happy:)