Where do you buy tall clothing in the states?

Options
inlander
inlander Posts: 339 Member
Howdy folks. I have been wearing regular length clothes for so long, and recently discovered (maybe because I'm shrinking and smaller sizes aren't made as long as bigger ones? IDK) that I need TALL length pants (and probably TALL length tops, too). I work in a business-suit environment part-time and am always on the lookout for long-length black wool blend trousers I can wear with my blazer.

I'm also looking for tall length stuff in general - what brands do you all look for? I know the Gap, BR, Old Navy, and Target have long sizes. Where else can I look for tall-sized stuff?

Replies

• kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I have had a lot of luck with JC Pennys.
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Bump!
    I'd love to read the replies on this later.
  • ksavy
    ksavy Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Victoria's secret has up to 36 in inseams. For jeans I go to the Buckle, they have a few different brands of jeans that have 35-37 in inseams. Shirts I do not have too much of a problem with , I just try to find ones that are slightly longer.
  • amflautist
    amflautist Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I used to buy everything at JCPenneys. They used to have a lot of talls, even ultra talls. Today I went to their website to get a pair of jeans. They do not have even one pair in my size (14 tall or 14 ultra tall). NOT ONE!!! They seem to be going out of talls. They used to have tall one piece swim suites. Don't any more. They used to have tall suits. Don't any more. They used to have tall dresses, lots of tall jeans, etc.

Ladies, JCP is now a waste of time.

Today I wanted to buy tall jeans and tall summer pants from them. (It's easier for me to buy from them because I know my size in their brands). But I was skeptical that they would have anything for me. They didn't. I volunteered to fill out their customer satisfaction survey. This is what I wrote:

"JCP dressed me for most of my life. I am a long-time, loyal, frequent buyer at JCP - both at brick-and-mortar and online stores. BUT - you have changed. I needed tall jeans and tall pants. YOU ARE OUT OF ALL TALL JEANS in my size. YOU ARE OUT OF ALL TALL ACTIVEWEAR in my size (14 tall). You have only 2 kinds of regular tall pants in my size. One kind I have already bought 2 of. The other, more casual kind, I might have bought -- except -- who wants boot cut in the summer???? I can tell you FOR SURE that you have changed in the past year. You do not stock or restock talls anymore. I go to your web site about once a month and all I find are the leftover talls that you couldn't sell previously. Almost never anything in my size. It seems to be a waste of time for me to peruse your web site anymore. I conclude that you are abandoning your tall line of clothes."
  • joanie152
    joanie152 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Ann Taylor has a tall line. Very nice and trendy

Long tall Sally - which is a UK/ Canadian line

Gap, Old navy etc

I am 5 11 and I find that Lafayette 148 pants are nice and long as are Jones NY, Ann Klein pants.
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I get all my Jeans or pants at Express, they have long sizes for tall women. Have never been disappointed with any of their clothing.
  • saracatherine89
    saracatherine89 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for business clothes, I would suggest New York and Company. They have tall/long sizes and they're pretty darn affordable too. JCPenney's is also where I have my best luck with clothes, but I shop at Penney's more for my dresses/casual attire.
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    99% of my business pants/suites are from NY&C. The other 1% is from JCP.

Looks like there aren't any secrets we all don't already know.
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    JCP on line has talls in size 8 or higher, which doesn't work for me. If you need a smaller size, I would highly recommend J. Crew. I'm an attorney, so definitely need professional clothes. J. Crew clothes are pricey, but they last a very long time. I recently cut out the lining on a pair of black slacks from J. Crew that I bought in 1993. The lining is destroyed from so much dry cleaning over the years, but the pants are fine, although the rise is longer than you normally see these days! I paid about $125 for them literally 19 years ago, and still wear them. Shop their sales, because the price drops are dramatic. For skirts and skirt-suits, I stick to Talbots because the skirts are longer and work for me. I'm 6' tall. I shop the sales, again. Get on the email list. When Talbots has their semi-annual sale, I'm all over it. I've picked up suits that retail for nearly $350 for $49. You just have to be fast.
  • InvidiaXII
    InvidiaXII Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I buy a lot of my clothes from Express. They have tall pants sizes for both jeans and business pants, usually in stock in stores. They might have tall tops and dresses on their website too, but their regular tops fit me fine. I'm 5'10, btw.
  • liz2512
    liz2512 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I like alloy.com , they have long jeans, dress pants, and yoga pants. They usually have the length measurements on the shirts and stuff too.
  • MelMena
    MelMena Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I buy jeans at Delia's - www.delias.com they have a great selection of longer lengths (up to 36") and larger sizes. Plus, my husband says they make my booty look great! I currently have on the "Reese" style and they are my favorite ever.
  • Jenichelle
    Jenichelle Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Alloy.com has inseams up to 37"! That's where I have have been buying my jeans! The 37" inseam fits perfectly! I'm 5' 9.5 but my legs are crazy long! No torso, just legs! :P
  • Wezlfuss
    Wezlfuss Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I got a really good pair at New York &Co. They didn't last super long ( the material on my thighs started to wear out after a few months) but I loved the fit so much, ill probably just patch them up and keep wearing them.