Greetings! Newbie Here!

Options
Hello everyone. I'll be participating in my first triathlon October 21. I've been running for 2 years and completed my first half-marathon in April. I became interested in triathlons because my brother-in-law is a two time Ironman and my sister (his wife) has completed many triathlons herself and is training for her first half Ironman.

I'm a decent swimmer. I'm definitely not a beginner, but I believe it is my weakest leg. My sister bought me a swim stretch cord so I can train in my apartment's pool. I just got my bike last week and will be fitted tomorrow. I'm very excited to start riding, hopefully this weekend.

I'm nervous, yet very excited and please expect many, many questions and concerns as October quickly approaches. :happy:

Tara

Replies

• ka97
    ka97 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Congrats, and good luck! October....might be a little cold? Or is it a warm weather climate?
  • blaquebutterfly75
    blaquebutterfly75 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm in Texas. It'll still be hot. :laugh:
  • Canuck_TriFit
    Canuck_TriFit Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome. You've found the right group. There's a lot of experience from everyone one here so feel free to ask away.

Good luck in your training and your race.
  • scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I'm in Texas. It'll still be hot. :laugh:

Where in Texas? There's a good handful of us from the Houston area in here.
  • aggiesrar05
    aggiesrar05 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Welcome! TX here too. :-) Good luck on your first tri!
  • blaquebutterfly75
    blaquebutterfly75 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm in Houston too! :drinker:

This morning I did get my bike fitted, bought a helmet and some bike shorts. Very excited. Tomorrow I'll probably do my usual 6 mile morning run, but Saturday get a ride in and Sunday, I'll do some swimming.
  • Cgirlish
    Cgirlish Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your tri
  • vtate75
    vtate75 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I don't know what your pool cord thing is, so I'm interested to see what you say about it. You are lucky to be in a place with so many triathletes! Have fun.
  • scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I don't know what your pool cord thing is, so I'm interested to see what you say about it. You are lucky to be in a place with so many triathletes! Have fun.

Basically a belt w/ a bungee cord attaching at each him and anchoring to the side of the pool.