Veterans Fitness Challenge (VFC)

Hello, fellow veterans.

November 11th is our day....the day the nation pauses to honor those who have sacrificed in defense of our liberty. It is the day people will stop us on the street and thank us for our service, the day we will be lionized for our sacrifices. On this day like no other, we shall be on display for all to see, there is no question. The only question that remains is, how will we be turned out?

Will we be the strong and proud Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines and Coast Guardsmen we once were? Will we stand tall, strong and fit to fight? Or will we embody the words spoken by a wise man oh so many years ago, "Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life." Dr. Vernon Wormer, Dean, Faber College, 1962.

Well, I say NO! to the later and commit myself to the former, and I challenge you, my brother and sisters, to join me in this quest.

Veterans Day is 128 days from today. To join me, all you have to do is the following:

1. Set your own goal and announce your commitment here.
2. Friend one or more of us here on the VFC team board, your battle buddy.
3. Commit to being accountable to your battle buddy(s).
4. Track, encourage, motivate and keep your battle buddy(s) on track.
5. Report your progress to the VFC team weekly.
6. When it starts to suck, embrace the suck.
7. Don’t quit. Don’t allow your battle buddies to quit.
8. Make your drill sergeant* proud by achieving success for yourself and your battle buddy.

*SFC Tyron Johnson, C-3-3, 1982, Fort Lenard Wood, Missouri

I wish us all strength, focus and good fortune. See you on the high ground.

Ted Wadsworth, USA, Retired
Owner: TedWUSALeaders: TedWUSACreated on July 7, 20196 membersPrivacy: Public

Announcements

Discussions

Upcoming Events

Aw snap, no events are coming up.

Members