Remote Workers where you at?! -- 2023 TIME FOR CHANGE 10K/Day Step Challenge

Hey You! :D ~ Has your bottom (like mine) been spreading glued to a chair most of the day? Struggling to get even 2-5,000K steps per day? Guess what? You're not alone. Between 2019 and 2021, the number of people primary working from home tripled from roughly 9 million to 28 million people. And reports indicate that 32-48% of us have become more concerned about mental health, stress and weight gain as a result of it, too.

I'm one of them!! (hand waving, jumping up and down)

Regained 40 pounds between 2019 - 2022 I had kept off for two years and became pre-diabetic ... sitting, sitting, sitting, sitting, sitting ~ comfortably ensconced in a covid depressed state of mind, and an ever-widening silhouette!!

Did you know Sitting is the New Smoking? Yes? But other than overweight and obesity, do you know what it also puts you at risk for? Per the Heart Foundation: 112% increased risk of diabetes, 147% increased risk of heart attack and stroke, and 90% increased risk of death from cardiovascular events.

INCENTIVE TO MOVE MORE? - For me, hell yeah.

Last week I proved to myself I could get in 10,000 steps (on a reasonable work day) without leaving the house. GOAL was to get at least one #5MinHustle every hour between 9am-9pm. I got 9 out of 12 tiny workouts. I'm calling it a hustle as a reminder to MAKE IT COUNT! No easy peazy people. Whatever chosen to do, you gotta be breathing hard when done.

Starting All Alone out here in MFP land (help please, lol) and would <3 to meet some work from homers in the same boat looking for accountability and support the 20-30% of the time we find ourselves struggling to stay self-motivated. No man is an island and its hard getting anywhere by yourself. :D

I'll be posting @ the start of each week:
1. A Step Goal
2. No of #5MinHustles each day (minimum of 6 for 30 minutes)
3. One thing doing differently that week/month (deliberate thought or actions) moving away from where am I and closer to where I wanna be.

I'm so Dance in My Chair excited to get started doing this and hope it inspires someone else to look for a few #5MinHustles ✨ of their own this year.

Hope you join me!

#ThinkDifferent #DoDifferent
Owner: amnu_coLeaders: amnu_coCreated on January 29, 20233 membersPrivacy: Public

Announcements

Important stuff will go here one day.

Discussions

Upcoming Events

Aw snap, no events are coming up.

Members