Chocolate Covered Strawberry Fat Bombs

Options
DittoDan
DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
I had some strawberries. Thought I would try covering them in my "Re-assembled Chocolate".

I took a small jar and put the cocoa butter and butter in it. Melted in microwave. Added Cocoa Powder and a squirt of liquid Splenda. Mixed well.

I wanted as thick a coat of chocolate that I could get. So I topped the leaves off of 12 medium strawberries. Put in open container and chilled them in the freezer. I didn't want them to be frozen. Right after that, the chocolate mixture was a little warm, maybe about 100 degrees. SO I put the jar in the fridge to cool it down, but not solidify it. After about 20 - 30 minutes, I took both out and dropped the strawberries ~ one-at-a-time in the jar of chocolate. The chocolate froze immediately on the strawberry. I spooned it out and placed on parchment paper on a plate. Repeated until all were covered. It just so happened to be the right amount.

Put back in fridge for another 20 minutes.

Tried one. WOW! It was so good, that I ate six of them! There are as good as sugar chocolate. The key is using unrefined cocoa butter. I got mine from bulkapothecary.

Chocolate Covered Strawberry Fat Bombs

Ingredients:

1 tbsp. Butter
2 tbsp. Unrefined Cocoa Butter (28 grams)
2 tbsp. Cocoa powder (I like Ghiradelli & Toll Nestle House) (10 grams)
1 squirt of Liquid No calorie Sweetener (Splenda)
12 medium (fresh) strawberries

Directions:

Melt butters together in microwave using small jar
Mix in Cocoa Powder and your sweetener
Top strawberries, cool down in freezer (don't freeze)
Cool down Chocolate mixture in fridge
Take both items out of fridge/freezer and dip strawberries in chocolate, place on parchment paper and put in fridge for 10 - 20 minutes.
Eat.

Here are the macros for a single serving (one strawberry)

9td353vqibag.jpg

vwer9w6z6j2m.jpg

Enjoy,

Dan the Man from Michigan

My Past Discussions (lots of easy Keto recipes and other useful Keto info)

Replies

• glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Looks fantastic!

Actually, I wonder how it'd work to combine them into strawberry fat bombs.. cover or mix in, do you think?
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    they look lovely!
  • DittoDan
    Options
    Looks fantastic!

Actually, I wonder how it'd work to combine them into strawberry fat bombs.. cover or mix in, do you think?

I think it would work great. Actually, since cocoa butter melts at a higher temp, you don't have to freeze them like you do with coconut oil. So, if you only have to put them in the fridge, the strawberry won't freeze (thats a good thing).

I have some fresh raspberries.... guess what I'm making tonight? :D

• DittoDan
    Options
    Well, everyone, I was making some chocolate cover raspberries tonight and noticed I got the Macros wrong on the above recipe. I accidently left out 1 tbsp. of cocoa buttet in the MFP. So I shorted it by some fat. Sorry about that, here are the corrected macros:

4yrbc2h3iuqb.jpg