*MUST-HAVE* Browser Plugin for Keto and MFP users.

Options
AfricazMost
AfricazMost Posts: 6 Member
edited March 2015 in Social Groups
Hello everyone, I'm Abdu. I'm new to the group but I've been doing Keto for 2 months nows. I've already lost 6 kg/ 13 pounds.

Anyway, I wanted to share a wonderful too I found. Basically what this plug-in does it display macro pie chart of your daily food comsumbtion at the bottom of the food diary. A bit like the one from http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/, but only more detailed.

Here is how it looks:
rhp4otxk7p74.jpg

How to install:

Step 1:
Chrome: Install Tampermonkey.
Firefox: Install Greasemonkey

Step 2:
After installing the plugin, go to https://github.com/Surye/mfp-keto-userscript/raw/master/mfpketo.user.js to install.

Important:
The script REQUIRES the following columns: Fat, Protein, Carbs, Net Carbs, and Fiber in order to function or else it will not display correctly. Look at the the first screenshot for reference.

Script website:

https://github.com/Surye/mfp-keto-userscript

Replies

• Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    ive been using this for a couple months and I love it also. Thx for sharing!
  • mcpostelle
    mcpostelle Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I'm going to look into this. Thanks for sharing. :smile:
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,397 Member
    Options
    I actually use the add-on's from here:

http://foodfastfit.com/myfitnesspal-x-foodfastfit/#/howdy

It lets me set my macros in grams and I can either use net carbs or regular carbs (I use regular). It gives me a pie chart and lets me track all sorts of things.

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    @nicsflyingcircus‌ Awesome. Am so checking that out!
  • AfricazMost
    AfricazMost Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I actually use the add-on's from here:

http://foodfastfit.com/myfitnesspal-x-foodfastfit/#/howdy

It lets me set my macros in grams and I can either use net carbs or regular carbs (I use regular). It gives me a pie chart and lets me track all sorts of things.

That's a good one too. It's unfortunately only available for Chrome.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Been using that script for a while now. There's also a complementary script, as well. This one allows you to have more refined macro settings. You can choose % and get 1% increments, grams, or "fill in the rest with this macro" options.

http://karoshiethos.com/2013/08/13/javascript-bookmarklet-for-enhanced-macro-goals-in-myfitnesspal/
  • Nellpop
    Nellpop Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I used this on my laptop and love it BUT my iphone now only shows 0 cals and no info :(
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Nellpop wrote: »
    I used this on my laptop and love it BUT my iphone now only shows 0 cals and no info :(

From what I've heard, most people are having to log out of the app and back in to clear that error (on both iPhone and Android). A rare few are having to uninstall/reinstall the app. I hope you get it cleared!
  • skankamaggot
    skankamaggot Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I have an add-on to show net carbs on my PC but is there anything like this for mobile? I usually log all of my evening calories via android app. Even using the mobile browser instead of the app, there doesn't seem to be a way to install an add on.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,397 Member
    Options
    I just track gross carbs rather than net, solves that, lol.
  • fozzy711
    fozzy711 Posts: 16 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I have been using this for a while but on my previous pc I also had another script (I think/assume it was a script and not a plugin) that allowed me to delete an entire meal with one click or edit food values in increments with a +/- button. Anyone else use this and have a link to it? I can't find it in my bookmarks and would like to have it back.

p.s. there is now a similar chrome extension - https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/myfitnesspal-pie-chart-by/fomhleglpcohdnniiafhekkaakdgdkdh?utm_source=chrome-app-launcher-info-dialog

note: you have to use one or the other, using both at the same time gives some wacky numbers
  • 62apples
    62apples Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    how do you know these plug-ins aren't putting spyware malware on your computer????
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    62apples wrote: »
    how do you know these plug-ins aren't putting spyware malware on your computer????

Well, in the case of the Surye script, I've actually personally forked and edited it. (I wanted the pie charts, but didn't want the net carb calculation.) As a developer, I can read the source code and understand what's going on with it. As of the time I forked that particular one, I can tell you there is no malware in it. The Tampermonkey/Greasemonkey scripts are simply Javascript files -- the same thing that websites already use. The scripts themselves don't really have any more access than any of the scripts found on any given website.

That's one of the nice things about the Tampermonkey scripts -- the source code is available to all (because they're client-side scripts), and because word spreads fast among developers, malicious things are generally caught pretty quickly in the open source world.

As for full-fledged extensions found on the Chrome web store, there are some vulnerabilities, but Chrome's extensions (and Opera's, and Safari's, and Firefox's) run in a sandboxed environment. This means that they're stuck where they're at, which limits what they can do with your machine, itself. For the vulnerable parts, that's where community trust comes in.

It's kind of like how you have a lock on your door that you probably use, but your ground-floor windows aren't barred or reinforced (unless you live in a "really bad" neighborhood) -- you're not going to leave your front door open, but you also trust that people aren't going to break your window to get in, even though they technically could.

That said, if you don't trust it, don't install it. (However, unless you're a computer power user, you probably have half a dozen or more other, more vulnerable and likely vectors for malware to get on your computer that you're not aware of, making your concern over community-trusted scripts and extensions to be a bit misplaced.)
  • lessofme1950
    lessofme1950 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thanks, this will be so helpful
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    I miss the old ability to set macros in grams, but not enough to pay for it in the premium MFP version.
  • kabamalam
    kabamalam Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I had a month free with the premium, so i set it all up. I wonder if it will mess with it once it is gone
  • bkabdullah1
    bkabdullah1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Can this extension be loaded on a iPad or iPhone?
  • scottyp65
    scottyp65 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I'm just eating meat, so not really worrying about macros so much.