Where Are You From?

Options
Stoshew71
Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
I want to see how many from the group live near each other? Meeting fellow runners makes it more fun and encourages you to stick with it. It also gives you accountability just like this virtual group aims to do. Maybe a few of you guys that kind of live near each other could agree to sign up for the same race and meet up before or afterwards. Or maybe if you live really close, you may have just found yourself a good running partner.

I will start. I live in the center of northern Alabama. I live on the southern most Huntsville/Madison border. I am a member of the Hutsville Track Club and I belong to a few of the group runs that are sponsored by We Run Huntsville.

Replies

• WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    I'm from the southwest side of the Kansas City area, in Lenexa Kansas. My training has to this point always been routes from around my home, but I have considered joining some local "groupie runs" at a running store not too far away. The only reason I haven't joined yet is that they run on Sunday and I do my long runs on Saturday. First world problem, I know.
  • autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    "Where Are You From" is a lot different from "Where Do You Run, Now." Born in Michigan, grew up in Massachusetts, moved back to Michigan and then met my husband online - he lives in Illinois, so now I do, too.

Northwest suburbs of Chicago. Elgin, specifically. I don't know how to run slow enough to carry on a conversation, yet - it's only been 4 years. I'm still working on it. I don't tend to do any real social running, but I'd be happy to look out for whichever of you are running a race I'm signed up in. Right now, all I have on the table is Run For the Zoo in Lincoln Park Zoo (Chicago) in June, and Muddy Monk Nearly Sane Trail Half Marathon (Lincolnshire) in August. I might sign up for a mud run or 2 - Warrior Dash usually holds a race near Grand Rapids, Michigan mid-September, which is a nice birthday run for me.
  • CLEgirl
    CLEgirl Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm living in the Cleveland, Ohio, area. This winter was ... let's say: not fun. I could not run outside because it was too cold, icy and snowy for me. So, I was confined to the "dreadmill" instead. Not bad considering not running, but still. Now I can run outside and it feels so great!

Cleveland is a fantastic summer city for runners, never gets too hot and humid as my previous homes on the east coast. There are lots of running events here in CLE and they are easy to get to. Rocky River is my favorite running area - all my CLE neighbors knows where that is, so I'll see you there :-)
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I am about 45 minutes north of Pittsburgh, PA
  • 5hoodie
    5hoodie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    North Inland San Diego, CA
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    After living my whole life in New Jersey, my daughter and I moved to Harvest, Alabama (Northern Alabama) 8 years ago. And yes Stan and I live near each other, and yes we lived near each other in NJ. LOL

@CLEgirl I have family in the Cleveland area in Mentor, Painesville and Willoughby.
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I live in Staten Island, NY.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    I live in Anaheim, CA (yes not far from the Mouse house :)) I grew up though in Boise, ID and still consider it 'home'
    @5hoodie - have you run any races in your area? I seem to be running more in SD than anywhere else!
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    I grew up in northern VA -- just outside DC. I moved to the Orlando area 30 years ago - about an hour north of the other Mouse house. I am very tired of the long, humid, hot summers - basically April-October. But, the winters are great - have to take the bad with the good. :wink:
  • cathyjones08
    cathyjones08 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Indiana, Pennsylvania about 1 hour east'ish of Pittsburgh
  • tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I live in Memphis, TN.
  • flrunner
    flrunner Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I live just outside of Jacksonville, FL.
  • missmelis98
    missmelis98 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am in Butler Pa.
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Lovely Des Moines, IA!
  • briebee7
    briebee7 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I am on the Central Coast in California in Monterey. I grew up here however I just moved back to the area about 2 years ago after living in in San Francisco for 6 years.
  • Martika160
    Martika160 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Fargo, ND
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I call eastern Iowa home, but I am in New Jersey right now attending a 2-year MA program in Near Eastern Studies at Princeton University. Hoping to return to the Midwest after the program and settle in Chicago for a few years maybe. Sorry, East Coasters, but the Midwest is the place for me! :)
  • dennie24
    dennie24 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I am just a bit outside of Boulder, CO.
  • Ohhim
    Ohhim Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Retired baseball snowbird here, so run in Clearwater Beach FL, and Pittsburgh (Schenley park/Frick park) when the pirates are in town.
  • 9voice9
    9voice9 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I live in Warner Robins (Wonderful Robins, to the locals!), Georgia, and work in Macon, Georgia (both in the middle of the state, just a hair north of the geographic center, to be exact). I run in both locations....